Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpine PXE-08505s feedback

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    Ford Explorer

Alpine PXE-08505s feedback

Anyone used one of these Alpine PXE-08505s ? I guess it's pretty new and there's not a lot of user info out there but it fits the bill very nicely for me. I have a dead Bit Ten to replace in a system with comps in front, coaxs in back (Hertz Energy) and a single sub (JL Audio) in the way back. It's an Oem head unit in a Ford Explorer. An RF Punch amp powers the door speakers and a mono Punch powers the sub. I was thinking I could use this Alpine dsp to power the tweeters up front since it has a 25w RMS amp [x8 unbridgeable] built in.
    It comes with a blue tooth module and a remote and I can get it for $500. Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Alpine PXE-08505s feedback

it's a good value dsp, mobile tuning.

3. Back To Top    #3

Following. Interesting the Bluetooth remote settings control.

4. Back To Top    #4

I have one. I've yet to use it use it but I hooked it up to my HT setup just to play with it. And I really like it super easy to use

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    Ford Explorer

I got the app on my Android phone and the pc software installed- a snap in both cases and in both cases they are easy to navigate and make adjustments. Soon as the dsp is installed I'll post about how the BT works.
    My car has a usb port and in the past I used a thumbdrive loaded with a bunch of flac files. It worked ok but now I'm thinking of getting some kind of playback device like a fiiO. Sorta hijacking my own thread but if anyone has used one of these with the Alpine or any other dsp I'd love to hear your thoughts.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Syncher View Post
    I got the app on my Android phone and the pc software installed- a snap in both cases and in both cases they are easy to navigate and make adjustments. Soon as the dsp is installed I'll post about how the BT works.
    My car has a usb port and in the past I used a thumbdrive loaded with a bunch of flac files. It worked ok but now I'm thinking of getting some kind of playback device like a fiiO. Sorta hijacking my own thread but if anyone has used one of these with the Alpine or any other dsp I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    I used my fiio x3 as a source unit when I was testing the 0850s on my HT. This is how I'm doing it in my truck when I install it. Using the fiio as a source unit

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    Ford Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
    I used my fiio x3 as a source unit when I was testing the 0850s on my HT. This is how I'm doing it in my truck when I install it. Using the fiio as a source unit
    Excellent glad to hear it. How do you have it connected to the dsp? Directly thru a usb port or bt or wifi or even right into one of the dsp inputs?

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Syncher View Post
    Excellent glad to hear it. How do you have it connected to the dsp? Directly thru a usb port or bt or wifi or even right into one of the dsp inputs?
    3.5mm from fiio to the coax input of the dsp

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    Ford Explorer

Thanks that's what I was hoping to do if the usb thing doesn't perform.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    Ford Explorer

DSP is getting installed today Taking advil now.