Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lat 700

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: lat 700

500 rms. I got about 800 slotted for it tho.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

You go man! Can't wait to hear you impressions of it. Always wondered how good those really are.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Tommy Woosey
    Ophoven, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany, Germany
    Vehicle
    Mazda MX5 10th AE 5300/7500

The brand I'm running had that sub for a while too... Very nice and clean output, but not very loud imo.. I like the acoustic lever setup just by the looks...

4. Back To Top    #14

Hopefully I'll have a report before too much longer chit, ran into another snag. I thought I could unwire my current subs quite easily, wrong......I have to disassemble part of my damn amprack, grrrr! That's what I've heard woosey, that they are shy on output.......like I said before, I still wanna hear it. Oh, and al....your avatar pic is plum distractin', the more I see it the more mesmerizing it becomes!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

LOL@ LAT excursion video

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Oh, and al....your avatar pic is plum distractin', the more I see it the more mesmerizing it becomes!
    Hopefully the new one is less distracting

7. Back To Top    #17

Deeeaaaaammmn, nope al, not really. I will still miss the old one tho, something about that chick.....

8. Back To Top    #18

And.......I got my first listening test in today.......required some heavy tuning to get it to cooperate. It did not like the tuning for the 2 eights. One thing for sure, unlike a lot of subs that break up and sound rough at their limits, this thing goes very smoothly into a God awful blat, that will ring yer damn ears. Output is better than I expected, considering the reports I had heard. It wont take the beating the w7's would though, that is apparent already, but output, being that they aren't loaded on the back window like the 8's, is comparable. They are definately more efficient, and don't need the power I'm feeding them.

9. Back To Top    #19

Alright, extended tuning/listening session last night. I severely underestimated the low response of this sub, my eq was set really heavy on the bottom, the eights needed that. This being seven inch cones in a sealed box, I figured they would too.......wrong. On my initial tune (about 15 min.) I dialed things back, and had a great sound on music, but it was wicked easy to bottom them on electronic type stuff. Last night I was doing some serious tuning and wound up not only dialing out the aforementioned boost below 40hz, but actually cutting 20-40hz. I also dialed back on the power, and this thing is coming into its own. Power compression initially was holding the dynamics back some, I guess. This thing is really flat and smooth in this box, so maybe it isn't as undersized for the sub as some internet reading led me to believe. Anyway, its still early on, and I'm gonna listen more, before I comment too much......

10. Back To Top    #20

Another thought.......I'm really starting to wonder just how underrated this mtx amp is. In the 20 years, yes 20, I've run it, it has absolutely manhandled every sub setup I've had on it. Years ago I read about several different 2300 benching at 1000+ Watts.......I always took this with a grain of salt, but I really don't know.....