Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trick or Treaters in the rain?

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Trick or Treaters in the rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I always avoided getting into trouble with the rest of the pack. More or less did my own thing being somewhat of an outcast. My love for fishing is what kept me out of trouble.
    Yeah, me too ...for the most part. For me it was mostly smoking cigarettes and pot, and drinking now and then (whenever we could get our hands on any sort of alcohol).

Turns out smoking and fishing go hand in hand. LOL Early on, a friend and I used to smoke Lipton Tea (orange pekoe blend, LOL) in corn cob pipes, to keep mosquitoes at bay.

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Yeah... sugar is a helluva drug! If I had kids, it would be a tough call... I would certainly try to encourage/influence them not to want all that stuff. ....
    As a Halloween candy giver/Trick or Treater enabler, I know ^this^ makes me a hypocrite of sorts. It's one of the perqs of not having kids. LOL

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Weigel
    Vehicle
    99' Cavalier RS coupe

Yeah, I don't feel like it's any more dangerous today vs when I was a kid. The main difference is that now, every time something happens, EVERYONE knows about it and suddenly, it's like everyone believes it happens every day everywhere. When I was a kid, you only heard about local cases, which I lived in a very small town, so nothing happened. Doesn't help that the media really blows it out of proportion (not saying it's not a big deal, just that the media really twists shit). If we heard about everything that happened accross the U.S. at the time, then I may not have gone out as a kid back then either.

I guess that if anything, it "may" be safer, given all the surveillance systems and cell phones.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I'll just put out my "convicted sex offender" sign...that usually keeps the little bastards away.

But seriously...we only have a couple of kids in my neighborhood, but the father is a music minister at the local church, so they do something there.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

If it doesn’t rain I typically get over 200 kids at the door and I’ve counted too at least that before I stopped counting. We get people driving from all the surrounding towns to our neighborhood for Halloween for trick-or-treating. It’s quite amazing.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by Weigel21 View Post
    Doesn't help that the media really blows it out of proportion (not saying it's not a big deal, just that the media really twists shit). If we heard about everything that happened accross the U.S. at the time, then I may not have gone out as a kid back then either.

I guess that if anything, it "may" be safer, given all the surveillance systems and cell phones.
    Its called fake news for a reason. They run with shit that isn’t real or heavily biased all the time but I think people are starting to realize how fake the news really is now. All a bunch of lies.

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I always avoided getting into trouble with the rest of the pack. More or less did my own thing being somewhat of an outcast. My love for fishing is what kept me out of trouble.
    I love fishing too man especially now that I have a real bass boat. Wish you were closer.

Ford F150

Sienna

8. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    If it doesn’t rain I typically get over 200 kids at the door and I’ve counted too at least that before I stopped counting. We get people driving from all the surrounding towns to our neighborhood for Halloween for trick-or-treating. It’s quite amazing.
    I've seen pics of your awesome setup in my DIYMA Halloween decoration thread. If that's at all representative of your neighborhood, I can see why folks come from far and wide.

When it's raining do you get considerably fewer, like 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 ...or none?

9. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

Asking your neighbors would give you the best answer if they've dealt with a rainy Halloween in recent years. Maybe your neighborhood has a Facebook page or Nextdoor for you to ask.

10. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
    Asking your neighbors would give you the best answer if they've dealt with a rainy Halloween in recent years. Maybe your neighborhood has a Facebook page or Nextdoor for you to ask.
    Those are great ideas. Only one of the neighbors I've spoken to has been on our street long enough to know, but she's rather elderly and not at all clear about it.