Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Helix RTA & Auto EQ - A Car Audio Junkies Exclusive

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: Helix RTA & Auto EQ - A Car Audio Junkies Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    Just. Call. Me.

No homo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I will. Let me get this crackle issue figured out... Thank you!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    I will. Let me get this crackle issue figured out... Thank you!
    Like I said.. call me

3. Back To Top    #33
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Um, now I want one of those Helix DSP’s because of that feature. The JL can’t do that and it can’t do global EQ like the Helix either.
    Call me crazy, but the AudioControl units have RTA, maybe not “auto”, but a built in RTA.. Just for shitzengiggles I really want to play with one. Seems like I saw they made some big improvements to them, but I’ve not really researched them. Maybe DSP/amps for the truck, since there’s zero room in that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Call me crazy, but the AudioControl units have RTA, maybe not “auto”, but a built in RTA.. Just for shitzengiggles I really want to play with one. Seems like I saw they made some big improvements to them, but I’ve not really researched them. Maybe DSP/amps for the truck, since there’s zero room in that thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Pretty sure it's only for the input signal, no?

5. Back To Top    #35
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    Pretty sure it's only for the input signal, no?

Yeah I think you're right... Might be that DM-RTA thing I was thinking of, which looks like a pretty slick interface/RTA device in itself. Pricey though when a guy could run REW and any $60 interface. But the DM-RTA I think is intended to simplify various signal testing tasks from different sources such as OEM head unit or amp signals etc etc.. Kind of stuff a JL FiX would just "fix" supposedly. You'd most certainly know more about that than I would.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

6. Back To Top    #36

Nick i have tried just about everything to save the cal file. no go for me. Let me know if you have any luck. Great video. This method is exactly how i have been doing it. My only concern was that it may be overriding when doing the final tune (complete grouping). Good confirmation that its not.

7. Back To Top    #37

Helix RTA & Auto EQ - A Car Audio Junkies Exclusive

That’s pretty cool. I’m definitely going to give this a shot.

I noticed Windows is a PITA when trying to write files into the Audiotech Fischer directory. When I was trying to save EQ targets from REW into it I found the trick was to open whatever software your using (text editor, REW, whatever you want to use to write files in the Audiotech Fischer directory) you can right click and “open as admin”. This will give you the correct permissions to write files within the Audiotech Fischer directory.

I’ve had a Helix DSP.2 for over a year now and was wondering why I’ve never seen anyone use the RTA let alone the auto EQ feature. I was thinking it either didn’t work worth a shit or didn’t work at all.

Looks like it works pretty damn good to me. Excited to try it out!

Thanks for the video even though you snuck it up here weeks ago and made the rest of us Facebook addicted fucks wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #38
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by JerryGash View Post
    That’s pretty cool. I’m definitely going to give this a shot.

I noticed Windows is a PITA when trying to write files into the Audiotech Fischer directory. When I was trying to save EQ targets from REW into it I found the trick was to open whatever software your using (text editor, REW, whatever you want to use to write files in the Audiotech Fischer directory) you can right click and “open as admin”. This will give you the correct permissions to write files within the Audiotech Fischer directory.

I’ve had a Helix DSP.2 for over a year now and was wondering why I’ve never seen anyone use the RTA let alone the auto EQ feature. I was thinking it either didn’t work worth a shit or didn’t work at all.

Looks like it works pretty damn good to me. Excited to try it out!

Thanks for the video even though you snuck it up here weeks ago and made the rest of us Facebook addicted fucks wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. Also, i dont intend on posting this to facebook. See the title.

9. Back To Top    #39

When you guy's are using this method are you having success above 8-10K with the RTA tuning to your target curve.

I am using a UMK-1 USB mic and it seems to work fine however I am finding the auto eq is not as effective above the 8-10K range and in effect does not cut to the target curve. It sort of bounces between cut and boost between the 7s cycles (Autoeq) and ends up mostly boost to a flat curve as opposed to a trebles downward slope curve that I want.

I am using the mic in 90 degree (orthogonal) mode and copied that calibration file to the cal file as shown.

Just using the RTA manually works well also. REW not really required.

Thoughts and experiences welcome?
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!

10. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I didn't have any issues other than the 17khz up region where my speakers drop off due to their slight off axis orientation.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods