Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Helix RTA & Auto EQ - A Car Audio Junkies Exclusive

1. Back To Top    #71

Re: Helix RTA & Auto EQ - A Car Audio Junkies Exclusive

Hey all,
    First thanks to Nick and this video as well as him being active in the CarAV discord. I just `tuned` my setup with this guide, and am also noticing a sharp dropoff in measurement with my UMIK-1 using the 90Degree calibration file. There doesn't seem to be a proper fix for this does there. You can see the Helix trying to figure that out here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200907_124739.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	13658

2. Back To Top    #72

Quote Originally Posted by Turb0Yoda View Post
    Hey all,
    First thanks to Nick and this video as well as him being active in the CarAV discord. I just `tuned` my setup with this guide, and am also noticing a sharp dropoff in measurement with my UMIK-1 using the 90Degree calibration file. There doesn't seem to be a proper fix for this does there. You can see the Helix trying to figure that out here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200907_124739.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	229.3 KB 
ID:	13658

Hey Guys,

I wrote Patrick Hegener from ATF about the issuse.

They found the issue in the programming.

so it is a Software Bug.

Will be fixed in the next release which coming up in the next week or so.

3. Back To Top    #73

Just had my first run at this and extremely impressed. Only gripe is my image is centre wheel now instead of centre dash like i prefer. Just got an easy question, with my UMIK 1 not sure what to have the windows microphone setting to.

4. Back To Top    #74

Quote Originally Posted by sandros View Post
    Hey Guys,

I wrote Patrick Hegener from ATF about the issuse.

They found the issue in the programming.

so it is a Software Bug.

Will be fixed in the next release which coming up in the next week or so.
    The Software fix is now Online.
    4.72a is the actual Software.

Patrick Hegener didnt explained me in detail what they fixed now.

Maybe they will write it to the Changelog

5. Back To Top    #75

Got a question in regards to what frequencies for it to auto eq. In the video Nick didn't auto eq close to the crossover frequencies. Eg he did from 0 to 63hz on the sub then at the mids he started at 100hz. He said he waited for the overall EQ to do the entire range.
    Is there a benefit of leaving those frequencies alone until the final overall EQ or did i mess up by eq'ing 0-80 on the sub then 80-20k on the fronts.

6. Back To Top    #76
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonl View Post
    Got a question in regards to what frequencies for it to auto eq. In the video Nick didn't auto eq close to the crossover frequencies. Eg he did from 0 to 63hz on the sub then at the mids he started at 100hz. He said he waited for the overall EQ to do the entire range.
    Is there a benefit of leaving those frequencies alone until the final overall EQ or did i mess up by eq'ing 0-80 on the sub then 80-20k on the fronts.
    Crossover rolloff

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #77

4.72 seemed to nail the target curve in the software using auto rta with the very first adjustments for me, whereas 4.70 had BIG issues doing it. I have some listening to do though on the way to work tomoz to decide if I am happy with it, before with the auto eq it just sounded kind of meh.

8. Back To Top    #78

Upgraded to 4.72, still trying to figure out the reference level to put the helix rta at. I’m using an audiofrog mic. Last time I did the auto eq the volume was incredibly low afterwards. It’s like it’s not picking up the mic. Successfully did auto ta and it picked up the mic just fine. Used delay function and it didn’t adjust subwoofer delay at all. I need help guys, this auto eq is getting frustrating!

9. Back To Top    #79

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonl View Post
    Just had my first run at this and extremely impressed. Only gripe is my image is centre wheel now instead of centre dash like i prefer. Just got an easy question, with my UMIK 1 not sure what to have the windows microphone setting to.

you likely have reflection issues, auto ta will put the centre between the left and right equally, if your stage reflects into the side window on the drivers side and for example have cross firing/badly positioned mids there is every chance the centre of between the places your brain identifies as Left and right is exactly where it should be...

10. Back To Top    #80

It was touched on a little bit earlier, but does anyone have any suggestions using auto eq for a two seat tune?