Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing invitation: Tour Rockford Fosgate in Tempe, AZ

1. Back To Top    #1
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Post Standing invitation: Tour Rockford Fosgate in Tempe, AZ

I am now working at Rockford Fosgate in Tempe, Arizona (the Phoenix area).

You are all welcome to come visit the office and I will give you a personal tour and show you all the amazing things.

Please send me a PM on here to arrange a day/time.

This offer stands so long as I am employed here.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3245
Size:  642.3 KB
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Standing invitation: Tour Rockford Fosgate in Tempe, AZ

Wow, nice to know we have people on the inside. Thanks for the open invitation.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

I’d take you up on that but I’m 1000 miles away. What kind of position did you get there? I personally like the RF higher end amplifiers.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Vehicle
    2017 Silverado CCSB

We have friends in Prescott, next time we're out that way to visit I might have to work this in the schedule, very generous offer!

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I have been on this tour (with Justin)....It is pretty cool! The stuff they have in there is stuff that every car audio person would love to personally have in their garage!
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

7. Back To Top    #7

My official title is Acoustic Design Engineer and I'm doing a bit of everything: transducer design, creating custom dsp solutions and tuning vehicles/systems with multi-mic arrays, supporting our team with Klippel measurements, collaborating with the embedded and software and amplifier teams as a system architect, and very soon I will be teaching an internal Loudspeakers 101 class for our big wave of new hires at the office. I'm also super excited about the loudspeaker/crossover/enclosure simulation tool I made that I've been trying to finish for many years ... thank you Penn State acoustics courses!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jzazzi/
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Didn’t you used to work for Eminence speaker or was that someone else?
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes that was me! My avatar picture on the left was from my office there, testing a new batch of voice coils. I worked at Eminence for a year and a half before moving to Arizona to work with Rockford.

Feel free to ask questions about either, I love this stuff.
    Do it for them.

10. Back To Top    #10

That sounds like a really cool job. I worked for 12 years at Harman Automotive (JBL, Infinity, Mark Levinson programs for the Automotive OEMs.) I was an embedded software engineer covering speech recognition and Bluetooth mainly. Since 2011, I've worked at GM, first being the PM for speech recognition, and more recently being the PM for Navigation for our latest Infotainment system. Sometimes I get to see some really cool products under development years before they hit the market.

If I am ever in the Phoenix area, I will definitely inquire about getting a tour from you.