Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: lets talk about DAPs!

1. Back To Top    #31
    Vehicle
    2019 Subaru Impreza Sport hatch (Ice Silver)

Re: lets talk about DAPs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Well I have an m5 and 400gb Sandisk Ultra mini sd card on the way. Hope it all works out.
    Nice!! please do let us know!
    Breaking shit since 1994

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Worst case it will be an upgrade to what I'm already using for when I want music while moving and shaking
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #33

Quote Originally Posted by tacofox View Post
    I think your install with this player was one of the first DAP installs I saw, you had made a custom dash mount with DSP controller right?
    Yes, that's right... That has kinda become my "thing". Lol

Edit: The dash mount I made for the x3 2nd gen was in the Mazda, this one:

and the one for the Jeep was a Fiio x3 Mark iii, that I made a full housing for, here:

Last edited by DavidRam; 10-27-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #34

Well I have an m5 and 400gb Sandisk Ultra mini sd card on the way. Hope it all works out.
    Awesome! I have been trying for months to get someone smart to buy this thing and then review it!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Awesome! I have been trying for months to get someone smart to buy this thing and then review it!
    You mean someone to be the "test mule" right?
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #36

You mean someone to be the "test mule" right?
    Si amigo!

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Julian
    Vehicle
    2013 Dodge Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by tacofox View Post
    Bad/not good:
    > Low resolution display (720p, 312ppi)
    > Large and chunky design
    > Subjective, but from what I have been reading the sound output from this device is a bit shallow and uninspiring
    > Android 7.1, no Google play store
    > No MQA support
    Sounds better than 98% of the car audio radios on the market.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
    2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition | FiiO M11 (Coax) & OEM Radio | Arc Audio Arc 1000.6 w.IPS8.8 & 1000.4 | Arc Audio RS 1.0, 3.0, 6.0 | AudioFrog GB10D2
    2013 Dodge Avenger | FiiO M11(Coax) & ///ALPINE CHA-S624 & CRA-1667RF(Toslink) | Arc Audio PS8PRO & PSC & | TRU Technology Tungsten T2, T4, TG2 & LINE-8 v2(modded) | Audio Frog GB10, GB40, Morel ELATE Ti MW 9, Arc Audio Black 12"

8. Back To Top    #38
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

lets talk about DAPs!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Actually, the only fat finger friendly one I have owned is my old Fiio X3 2nd gen with the scroll wheel (no touch screen)... I will not sell that thing for any amount of money as it's been such a great workhorse dap with no problems EVER! The only reason I don't use it in my cars is because it looks so outdated, so it's relegated to home and travel. In my living room I have a digital coax cable running from my sofa to the Cambridge receiver to use the X3 as a hi-res source.

Yep I have one as well and it’s been a solid player.. Picked it up from Jason when he went to the 3rd gen. It’s kinda my main “SQ’y” source via coax SPDIF into the Helix. While yes they weren’t modern with a touch screen etc, they’re a pretty solid player for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

9. Back To Top    #39

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Yep I have one as well and it’s been a solid player.. Picked it up from Jason when he went to the 3rd gen. It’s kinda my main “SQ’y” source via coax SPDIF into the Helix. While yes they weren’t modern with a touch screen etc, they’re a pretty solid player for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    For sure... No lag in the UI, never a single glitch with mine, and nice lay out, imho.

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #40

Did anyone receive their M5 yet?!

#TRUMP2020