Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lets talk about DAPs!

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: lets talk about DAPs!

I use my iPhone DAC mode into the Sony RSX GS9, it works, can do phone calls over bluetooth, no wifi hotspot nonsense for streaming. That was my issue when I was running the FiiO X7 Mk ii, the amount of setup I had to do, the clunky coax cable, slow UI.

I love to scream at siri to play nickleback.

BUT! budget wise a DAP is the way to go.
    SQ Mazda 3 - Audiofrog, Arc Audio, Adire Audio
    2019 MECA California Street SQL Champion
    2019 MECA Car Audio Championship Street 3rd Place
    2018 MECA California Street Install Champion
    2018 MECA California Street SQL 2nd Place

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

One of the guys at the TN meet suggested the Brennan-B2. I Know it's not a DAP in the sense you guys are talking about, but it has a large HD and it play's Cds.

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I keep kicking around the dap option but reliability of some of them keeps making me want to stick to flash drives and my trusty 16gb Sandisk that I use at the work and gym. All I need is a line out for the home stereo and the ability to easily plug it into the Pioneer 501ex in my dash. Yes I want to keep everything centered around the "hub" in my dash for the sake of simplicity.

Is there something that will fit my needs for $200 or less brand new? My absolute needs are as follows...
    Line out that can split to rca's for the home system.
    RELIABLE and not laggy.
    Touch screen that can be easily used by someone with stubby thumbs. I hate it when I fat finger something.
    More than 500 gigs of storage should do the trick. I'd rather not go the smart phone route for the reason below...
    SMALLER THAN A SMALL SMART PHONE. I'd like to be able to use whatever I get at the gym and at work and hate those bulky phone "fanny packs". And the option for a nifty clip to carry OUTSIDE of a pocket would be nice too.
    If the ability to clip to a pocket for gym and work limits me too much then I'll just keep using the trusty small Sandisk that has never let me down and use whatever will fit my needs best in the truck and home without having to buy the extra BS I'll never use.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #24

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I keep kicking around the dap option but reliability of some of them keeps making me want to stick to flash drives and my trusty 16gb Sandisk that I use at the work and gym. All I need is a line out for the home stereo and the ability to easily plug it into the Pioneer 501ex in my dash. Yes I want to keep everything centered around the "hub" in my dash for the sake of simplicity.

Is there something that will fit my needs for $200 or less brand new? My absolute needs are as follows...
    Line out that can split to rca's for the home system.
    RELIABLE and not laggy.
    Touch screen that can be easily used by someone with stubby thumbs. I hate it when I fat finger something.
    More than 500 gigs of storage should do the trick. I'd rather not go the smart phone route for the reason below...
    SMALLER THAN A SMALL SMART PHONE. I'd like to be able to use whatever I get at the gym and at work and hate those bulky phone "fanny packs". And the option for a nifty clip to carry OUTSIDE of a pocket would be nice too.
    If the ability to clip to a pocket for gym and work limits me too much then I'll just keep using the trusty small Sandisk that has never let me down and use whatever will fit my needs best in the truck and home without having to buy the extra BS I'll never use.

I hate to be redundant, but that little tiny M5 MIGHT tick all your boxes... Well, except for the fat finger one. Being that most of these daps are Asian designed and made, I don't think any of them are fat-finger-friendly!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Yeah, I'm definitely not Asian, lol. My hands aren't pie plates so to speak but my fingers are short and stubby. Thinking just keeping on doing what I've been doing with flash drives in the truck and super small basic dap while on the go is my best option. And my old Onkyo receiver in the house might be about to let out the magic smoke so whatever I get should have a slot for a flash drive.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #26

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely not Asian, lol. My hands aren't pie plates so to speak but my fingers are short and stubby. Thinking just keeping on doing what I've been doing with flash drives in the truck and super small basic dap while on the go is my best option. And my old Onkyo receiver in the house might be about to let out the magic smoke so whatever I get should have a slot for a flash drive.
    Actually, the only fat finger friendly one I have owned is my old Fiio X3 2nd gen with the scroll wheel (no touch screen)... I will not sell that thing for any amount of money as it's been such a great workhorse dap with no problems EVER! The only reason I don't use it in my cars is because it looks so outdated, so it's relegated to home and travel. In my living room I have a digital coax cable running from my sofa to the Cambridge receiver to use the X3 as a hi-res source.

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #27

Whoa! That picture is so huge, it scared me! Lol

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #28
    Vehicle
    2019 Subaru Impreza Sport hatch (Ice Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Have you played around with the M11 yet? I hope it's nothing like the M9, that thing is nightmare... The M11 looks like it has the same housing (shape, size, button and connector layout) as the X5, right?
    I have heard they really stepped their game up in terms of functionality, reviews say that it is the most responsive DAP out there.

One of the really cool things about the android DAPs is that a lot of the unique features to a player or brand are built in to the music player app itself which you can download through the store or apk. so for example if I bought a HiBy player I could download and install the FiiO music app on it for the wireless music sync and FiiO smartphone link functions, and vise versa. this is how I have been testing out which interface I like the best as well, I have tried FiiO music, and have been using the HiBy music app for the past week or so and I am really liking that one.
    Breaking shit since 1994

9. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle
    2019 Subaru Impreza Sport hatch (Ice Silver)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Actually, the only fat finger friendly one I have owned is my old Fiio X3 2nd gen with the scroll wheel (no touch screen)... I will not sell that thing for any amount of money as it's been such a great workhorse dap with no problems EVER! The only reason I don't use it in my cars is because it looks so outdated, so it's relegated to home and travel. In my living room I have a digital coax cable running from my sofa to the Cambridge receiver to use the X3 as a hi-res source.
    I think your install with this player was one of the first DAP installs I saw, you had made a custom dash mount with DSP controller right?
    Breaking shit since 1994

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Well I have an m5 and 400gb Sandisk Ultra mini sd card on the way. Hope it all works out.