Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lets talk about DAPs!

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2019 Subaru Impreza Sport hatch (Ice Silver)

Re: lets talk about DAPs!

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Heck yea, oh and my phone also has an ESS Sabre DAC! It's an LG V30, and it's got some mobile version of those Sabre DACs. Makes stock stereo's/speakers sound pretty good too! What can I say, I'm a firm believer.
    ayee LG gang! rocking the V35 right now

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    My OCD and install criteria has narrow down my options... They must have digital output (which most of the better ones do), they MUST have all of the connections coming out of the bottom (because I don't want them sticking up into my vehicle), and the buttons must be on the side or front (not top or bottom).
    funny you should mention that, the top USB port is the one thing that is leading me to have such a deciding hard time between the dx160 and the r5, otherwise I'm pretty much settled on the dx160.

question do you take your dap out of your car when you park for the night? I am wanting to do a permanent/semi permanent mount but I am worried about someone seeing it, breaking out a window and taking it and whatever else they can.

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by tacofox View Post
    ayee LG gang! rocking the V35 right now

funny you should mention that, the top USB port is the one thing that is leading me to have such a deciding hard time between the dx160 and the r5, otherwise I'm pretty much settled on the dx160.

question do you take your dap out of your car when you park for the night? I am wanting to do a permanent/semi permanent mount but I am worried about someone seeing it, breaking out a window and taking it and whatever else they can.
    I leave mine in at all times... But at night my Jeep's garaged and during the day, when it's outside, I cover the dap and Helix director with a black cloth I got for that purpose.

My current mount consists of a couple Ram mount parts, with the base epoxied in the cup holder. This set up is solid as a rock and has worked really well for me...

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

So for car use, it seems like a really heavily loaded high-end dac/preamp is kinda unnecessary if a guy is running either USB stream, Toslink or Coaxial out to an external DSP.. I wonder if there are some options out there that have a great UI etc but are geared towards being a digital streamer as opposed to also attempting to be a pretty good full headphone DAC/amp?
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    So for car use, it seems like a really heavily loaded high-end dac/preamp is kinda unnecessary if a guy is running either USB stream, Toslink or Coaxial out to an external DSP.. I wonder if there are some options out there that have a great UI etc but are geared towards being a digital streamer as opposed to also attempting to be a pretty good full headphone DAC/amp?
    I totally agree and I have been looking for this "thing" myself... 90% of what my X5 can do is unnecessary, given my use for it.

I keep looking at this tiny thing and thinking one of these days I need to try it out:

https://www.fiio.com/m5

2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #15

The HiBy are great and have a digital coax option, which I like. The wife has an AK 120 mk2 and it does not have that dig coax option (have to run toslink). The AK screen also (due to screen type) turns off after a couple minutes for screen burn prevention. So you have to keep pressing the screen to keep it on if you want to see what’s playing. The HiBy don’t have that issue (due to screen type I think).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	213F1CB5-378C-4DEB-B830-2B3200956654.jpeg 
Views:	173 
Size:	3.66 MB 
ID:	7321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9889454A-E04B-4A44-8C2C-F5A0E11DB076.jpeg 
Views:	200 
Size:	3.93 MB 
ID:	7322  

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Nick

M11. You can control it from another smartphone.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    2019 GMC AT4

Great timing with this! I really want to use one of these with my upcoming install to take full advantage of my hi res streaming subscription.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post

That is a very slick feature.. Then your phone becomes your UI and you don’t even need to see the DAP. That opens up possibilities for sure. Tablet installs etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    That is a very slick feature.. Then your phone becomes your UI and you don’t even need to see the DAP. That opens up possibilities for sure. Tablet installs etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yup, ipad installed somewhere and control it while its tucked away somewhere else.. awesome

10. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post

Have you played around with the M11 yet? I hope it's nothing like the M9, that thing is nightmare... The M11 looks like it has the same housing (shape, size, button and connector layout) as the X5, right?

#TRUMP2020