Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another Work Truck Build - 05 Silverado

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Another Work Truck Build - 05 Silverado

Just trying to prove DR wrong

So in the course of running wires I found some rust on the floor pan. After further investigation I found a lot of rust.

The jute padding was so wet under the factory vinyl floor that it probably weighed 80lbs. I found the back window was leaking and one of the rear cab vents was missing. I figured I found the problem and began to sand the floor. With all the contours of the floor manual sanding was going to take 10 -14 hours. I don't have that kind of time. My dumpster guy has a sand blasting business so I called him and he said he could have a guy come to my house the next day. Perfect. I told him it was gutted but only thin plastic intended to stop airborne dust was on it. He told me don't worry the guy will put heavy plastic up that will stop the media. It will take an hour. Perfect.

I came home to this

He just chewed through the plastic I had up and kept going

The media got everywhere. This is being the radio.

2. Back To Top    #22

The guy didn't bother to plastic anything. Just went balls out. My truck was basically ruined. It was in every electronic part, hinge, slide, panel, crevice, etc.

Inside my head unit

What every button looked like inside

All the heater actuators were ruined

Hard to tell but that's all coated with dust

Inside the dash

Dash cluster

3. Back To Top    #23

Holy shit! What a fucking IDIOT!!! It looks like hours of work with an air compressor and shop vac to clean it up, right?
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #24

I have never seen anything like that... Flooding it would have been less harmful, imo.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #25

Idiot doesn't begin to cover it.

Somehow filled the engine bay and every body panel and drain.

6. Back To Top    #26

My engine bay sparkled because the guy that rebuilt it cleaned it like new.

7. Back To Top    #27

Sorry to see this. I don't even have words right now so I can't imagine how you felt.

Did he at least get rid of the rust?

8. Back To Top    #28

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    My engine bay sparkled because the guy that rebuilt it cleaned it like new.
    Now what? Dude, if you were near me I would take a day off and volunteer to clean it with you, and then knock the teeth out of the guy who did this... Fuck. I'm a calm guy, but I would absolutely lose my shit over this!

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Are you not entertained?!?!

10. Back To Top    #30

Most of this happened over the last couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan17ExplLtd View Post
    Sorry to see this. I don't even have words right now so I can't imagine how you felt.

Did he at least get rid of the rust?

And that's the kick in the nuts. No he didn't. There was a gray film that I thought was left over from the media. Nope. It was the primer. WTF. So I sanded everything. It took me about 80 hours to clean every part of the truck. Amazingly the only thing that didn't work after was the heater actuators. At first not even the ignition worked. The bars that operate the locks and door handles wouldn't slide, hinges made noise, really unbelievable.

It was media blast so the air gun would not even take it off. Had to scrub. Took the whole dash out. Every heating duct. Every piece of foam around ducts, wires, and bars in the dash has to be replaced. Each circuit board was hand cleaned with alcohol and q-tips. I still haven't gotten to the engine bay.