Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Work Truck Build - 05 Silverado

1. Back To Top    #1

Another Work Truck Build - 05 Silverado

Adding a system to the truck I drive. I like old trucks. You can't work easily or if new ones because they are to tall. Picked this up rust free from Kentucky last year.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Another Work Truck Build - 05 Silverado

I started this yesterday and couldn't find the pics.

The truck

3. Back To Top    #3

The gear:
    Pioneer NEX 8201 with upgraded night vision rear view camera. Best thing ever.
    Minidsp 6x8
    Eclipse SC8365 - 6.5"
    Fountek FR89EX - 3"
    Dayton ND16FA-6
    Eclipse SW8000
    Eclipse EA 4200 4 channel - tweets & mids
    Eclipse EA 4200 4 channel - bridged mid-bass
    Eclipse XA 1200 mono - sub duty
    I've been running these anps and 6.5's for more than 10 years. I have always been happy. Why waste money changing now.
    I'll be using a 1.8 sealed center console box for the sub

I started off with the doors. Just vibration and rear wave mitigation here. It's a work truck. It's going to be noisy.

I just hit the door card with some leftover ensolite and resonix ccf. The jack was clamping down some clip repair

Used some metal roofing expandable foam foot rings

I put some Walmart cutting boards over the big openings. Used aluminum rivets to secure

Used some Resonix CLD on outer door skin and shown above on the cutting board.

I bagged up some denim. Secured it with those strips of vhb tape.

You can see it through the holes

Recycled hdpe rings. These came from two with trucks about. I believe I cut them free hand with a Dremel not. Not to bad. Back then I didn't have cool things like Jasper jigs

Weather stripping as gaskets

"Taped" up so wire contact points with ccf

Buttoned up with some Resonix ccf

Last edited by Theslaking; 10-26-2019 at 11:36 PM.

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice work, and looking good!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #5

Somewhere in there I ran the word through the easiest door hinge pass through's in the world. They are big and you just have to press the two tabs

Last edited by Theslaking; 10-27-2019 at 11:25 AM.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Nice work, and looking good!
    Thanks. There's mind blowing craziness coming in this thread. Not in the good car audio way either. I have a lot done. It just takes forever to post a log. As you know.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

O-nice, a build using some unique stuff. Good attention to detail too for the stuff that really matters. How do you like the ResoNix stuff?

I’m partial to work truck budget builds because I have one too.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

I briefly had a 2003 2500HD 2wd 6.0/4L80E extended cab, long bed. I paid $1800 for it and drove it home. One of the rear brakes locked up until I got to the gas station, only one of the doors opened, it looked like it had been parked in a swamp. I ended up sending it to the junkyard after I pulled the dash harness/BCM/PCM/engine trans and some other bits and pieces to go into my '89 S10. Honestly, these are my favorite generation GM truck. Easy to work on, and easy to find parts for.

Jay

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    O-nice, a build using some unique stuff. Good attention to detail too for the stuff that really matters. How do you like the ResoNix stuff?

I’m partial to work truck budget builds because I have one too.
    I really like the Resonix CLD. The ccf is actually to soft for how I frequently use it. It's great for stopping rattles but moving parts like door rods stick to it a little more than I like.

The last 3 work trucks that I had(I have others but I mean ones I drive) were a 95, 2000, and this one. All 2500 HD, 6.0, full size bed, 4 doors. I bought this one for 8000 with a rebuilt engine by the guy of my choice. I flew to Chicago to pick it up and it had low oil pressure. Drove perfect but it was lacking the power I know the 6.0's have. I refused to buy it. The dealer offered me newer trucks at a discounted rate, which were good prices and I declined. Then he offered an engine warranty if I took it. Said if the engine craps out in 15k or a year they'll replace the engine at a shop of my choice. I agreed. Drove it home. When I left it had 18 psi oil pressure. When I got home it was 8psi. But it made it. It was -22° when me and my son left Chi-town and -18 when we got back to Buffalo. I took it right to my guy he said he was suprised it made it.
    He builds race engines and actually built engines for world champs. He told me that if nothing was real jacked up he could rebuild it better than a replacement and it would cost less. I didn't care about money because they were willing to cover the cost of a replacement but it was cool to save them money since they were being cool covering it. When he broke down the engine he told me it was the cleanest engine he had ever seen on a vehicle with more than 20k. The reason it was losing oil pressure was a cam shaft bushing slid down the shaft. It didn't break. He said that was super weird that the shaft didn't wear and that the bushing just slid off. He had never seen that either. Well he upgraded and put it back together and I have drove it 45k since last year.

10. Back To Top    #10

Re-did the headliner in interior matching graphite vinyl. I hit the roof with a few cld tiles as well.