Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 80's Songs That Are Recorded Well (S.Q. 80's)

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: 80's Songs That Are Recorded Well (S.Q. 80's)

All Night Long- Lionel Ritchie
    Dancing on the Ceiling- Lionel Ritchie
    Axel F- Harold Faltermeier
    Land of Confusion- Genesis
    I Don't Care Anymore- Phil Collins
    Easy Lover- Philip Bailey and Phil Collins
    Ain't Nobody- Chaka Kahn
    Gonna Make You Sweat- C+C Music Factory
    Paul Revere- Beastie Boys
    Sweet Emotion- Aerosmith
    Her Strut- Bob Segar
    Money For Nothing- Dire Straights
    Mr. Roboto- Styx
    Flashdance (What a Feeling)- Irene Cara
    Something About You- Level 42
    Heart and Soul- T'Pau
    Dr Feelgood- Motley Crue
    Kickstart My Heart- Motley Crue
    Let's Groove- Earth, Wind and Fire
    What's on Your Mind (Pure Energy)- Information Society
    My Head's in Mississippi- ZZ Top
    Oh Yeah- Yello

2. Back To Top    #12

One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head
    I Don't Care Anymore- Phil Collins

I absolutely love these two.

Pretty much anything Quincy Jones produced back then. He spent more time mixing then artist did on the album's!

3. Back To Top    #13

Actually, lots of 80s music was recorded very well... What I find hilarious, is how such great recordings were then distributed on cassette tapes! Lol
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Actually, lots of 80s music was recorded very well... What I find hilarious, is how such great recordings were then distributed on cassette tapes! Lol
    I agree. With CD's growing in popularity, music was really well done.... until the volume wars and cookie cutter pop sucked the life out of music.
    Meh, it'll play.

5. Back To Top    #15

Obviously, I'm a bit biased... but I think the 80's (and maybe into mid 90's) was the last of the real 'good talented musical bands'.
    I mean; there have been a few talented people since then (Bruno Mars types), but for the most part; music is just manufactured now.
    It's more about the presentation nowadays. What choreographed dance moves can you do on stage?
    The music is just put there, as a means to keep the stage show in sync.

If you can think of good 80's songs that are produced / recorded well (SQ)... then keep the list going!
    New Car... Stock Stereo

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle

The list is just so long. Everyday I hear more for the list and forget the songs when I get home. Many have showed up here from others after my original post.
    I'm going to find a way to print my file list and post it to Big Al's 80's music thread.
    Meh, it'll play.

7. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDee View Post
    Obviously, I'm a bit biased... but I think the 80's (and maybe into mid 90's) was the last of the real 'good talented musical bands'.
    I mean; there have been a few talented people since then (Bruno Mars types), but for the most part; music is just manufactured now.
    It's more about the presentation nowadays. What choreographed dance moves can you do on stage?
    The music is just put there, as a means to keep the stage show in sync.

If you can think of good 80's songs that are produced / recorded well (SQ)... then keep the list going!
    I agree and I am biased too, because that was "MY" era, as well. You have to search for good music and especially for well recorded stuff, today...

The pop/hip-hop/top-forty stuff today, is for the most part awful... Strangely, what I consider the good stuff of today, never seems to make it big. But here I go again sounding like a grumpy-getting-old guy! Lol

"Damnit kids, get off my lawn!"
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle

I guess I'm a grumpy old man too. However, here is objective data on compression and music repetition that clearly shows older music was more original and had much better dynamic range. The compression in newer music also leads to fatigue and the music begins to drone on after a while of listening.
    Producers have discovered we are more apt to like something new if it is familiar to us so they have run this into the ground. Most modern popular music is written by only a few people and almost all has musical components or electronic add-ins from other popular music. The bad thing is, once you hear it, you can barely listen to new music. I discovered this when I began to feel like all new music sounded the same. I began searching the web to see if it was just me. Turns out, there is a lot on the subject. Search for "volume wars" and another good one is the "country music snap"
    Meh, it'll play.

9. Back To Top    #19

Burning Down The House - Talking Heads
    Money For Nothing - Dire Straits
    Right Down The Line - Gerry Rafferty
    New Car... Stock Stereo

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    2015 AMG E63s Wagon

The entire George Michael - Faith album was very well recorded and mastered.