FOR FAST MOVING CONCERTS
    Team LBaudio
    Team BRAX
    Team SCB
    Team Car Audio Lab
    EMMA SLO head

2. Back To Top    #12

Re: Water protection for midbass in doors

My Morel midbasses received a quasi foam/butyl roof "cleverly" attached to the motor. It works, or at least the drivers do.

3. Back To Top    #13

I too prefer foam baffles cut. Before XTC's I used aluminum bent 90°. I would then make relief cuts in one side to allow it to curve around the speaker and mount perfectly inside the hole.

4. Back To Top    #14

I ended up cutting the silicone baffles in half and got them to fit ok. It's enough to protect them from falling water in the event any makes it in there which I'm sure it will. Did on my last car.

5. Back To Top    #15

Do you guys have rain guard? Looks a little like fish tank filter type foam? You can breath through it if you cover your mouth with it, but I presume it’s hydrophobic and repels water, you would normally sandwich it between a mounting ring and the door metal work, allowing it so sag a little so it allows the magnet to fit into the pocket created

it seems a lot better idea to me vs semi covering the rear of a midbass chassis with foam, in the same way as we chamfer the rear of a midrange ring to allow it to breath and pressure to leave the rear of the cone without a degree of suffocation, I done see how covering the rear of a midbass can be good without something that’s very breathable

im not saying this is ‘the’ way to do it, but to me it makes more sense than a foam cap that may effect the impedence curve a little perhaps, just my ten penneth

6. Back To Top    #16

I use fast dry reticulated foam. It is used on a lot of outdoor PA speakers. Just put it around the driver when inserting into the door card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Purpo...72.m2749.l2649