Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Table saw / router combo - in a mobile cart

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Table saw / router combo - in a mobile cart

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better!

I just stumbled onto this now, but that is an incredible cart and an absolutely beautiful build. DavidRam - seriously dude, your craftsmanship and attention to detail is amazing. Just a very talented individual. I have that same table saw, but now feel great shame for how I store and use it. Lol.
    Hey, wow, thanks a lot!

I get so much use out of this cart, I could not imagine life without it!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #12
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

How do you get the black paint to appear as a single coat without seeing the seams between the individual pieces of wood?
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    How do you get the black paint to appear as a single coat without seeing the seams between the individual pieces of wood?
    I sanded pretty good, used a little wood filler and multiple coats of paint...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #14

What kind of paint? I'm guessing not spray paint.
    any specific wood filler?

I ask because I've tried and been really frustrated with the result. I can barely get the wood grain to not show under black paint, let alone get it smooth like you do!
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

5. Back To Top    #15

What kind of paint? I'm guessing not spray paint.
    any specific wood filler?

I ask because I've tried and been really frustrated with the result. I can barely get the wood grain to not show under black paint, let alone get it smooth like you do!
    The wood filler was just a basic Elmer's stuff, this one:

And it was spray paint, around 3 or 4 coats, with sanding between each coat...

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    YES!!! I hoped you would post this. One of the most awesome table saw/router carts ever constructed!
    Yeah this thing's pretty slick...well done! I have small garage syndrome too. This is giving me ideas.

7. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Yeah this thing's pretty slick...well done! I have small garage syndrome too. This is giving me ideas.

Thanks, man! A good router lift alone, will take your work to another level, imo. I am also using the dual function of the saw's fence a lot.

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    I am also using the dual function of the saw's fence a lot.
    Wait .... woah. That's crazy clever!
    Do it for them.

9. Back To Top    #19

Wait .... woah. That's crazy clever!
    Thanks! That's the part a lot of people miss... The table saw has a rack and pinion, telescoping fence rail/guide that adjusts incredibly precise with the twist of the knob. So, on it's back side is the router's fence with the same adjustability and the dust collector.
    You can see the grooves in the top of the cart by the router lift that allows full motion with the fence.
    I'll be honest, coming up with the idea of the dual purpose fence was one of the most exciting moments as I was designing this cart in my head! It was one of those moments where you jump out of your chair! Lol

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

If you built a full router fence, you could use it to joint edges