1. Back To Top    #51
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Re: Subwoofer Recommendation/Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Cool video posted up yesterday by Mark at CarAudioFabrication:

Chit, this is similar to the style I'm having built for the 4x ID8v4s. Going to be rounded and also allow access for the storage ice boxes on either side of the rear cab. I'll post pics of it up after it arrives. Just placed my order today. Pretty innovative design if you ask me. I wish I had a shop set-up like this guy. I have a router table, but it's very small. I will have to consider fabricating one somewhere down the road.

2. Back To Top    #52

Re: Subwoofer Recommendation/Discussion

Reviving an old thread, but I just picked up a 2019 Ram 1500 Sport, Crew cab though. Also torn on what sub to put in. I would love to keep the enclosure before the stock slush mats and inside the stock flip down storage enclosure, but that limits my options. Have to get out and measure to see what can actually fit in there going this route.

I have seen some extending a ported enclosure over the mats, but underseat still, just on the passenger side and obtained 1.0 Cu ft volume.

That's an option where the Sundown 10" Sd3/4 would work or 12" JL Tw3.

I'm also considering these options as well, cheaper and would allow running a pair, or putting funds toward adding a midrange to make my setup a 3 way or to get a nice dsp. Alpine sub (10" SWS, or maybe a pair of 8" Type R's) or Dayton (HO or Ultimax). I have never heard any of these so not sure if the quality is there. I don't really care about spl at all, and want a sq setup (mainly listen to hip hop, rock, top40..)

Items I do have currently: Focal K2 Power 165 ES 2 way components, Focal PC165 coaxials for rear. Thought about adding some sort of midrange driver in the dash and putting the tweeter into the sail but the pricing on the matching Focal driver is stupid, luckily the components I have, I got for a fraction. Or maybe keeping the 2way, and adding a center speaker and tuning for 2 seats with a Helix Dsp.3. So many options.

Have you installed your audiofrog subs yet? Did they fit?
    Last edited by Dep668; 03-15-2020 at 04:15 PM.