Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The perfect amp

1. Back To Top    #31
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: The perfect amp

In heaven the germans are the engineers !

Linear Power. Perfectly designed

Nuff said
    Last edited by Queef; 12-08-2019 at 07:50 AM.

2. Back To Top    #32

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    The Mmats amp is amazing musically. And a little tank of a build. I can't say its perfect though. Non-tiffany style RCA's, small-ish (but adequate and good quality) speaker and wire terminals, plus a fan that get louder with age, I'm told (mine is still dead quiet but only one month old).
    JimmyDee has some great posts about swapping the fans too. Again, the sound quality and overall build quality, plus, the great customer support I received, getting it to Canada, FAR OUT WAY any trivial complaints so far. 4.9/5
    Which DSP are y'all using with your MATTS HiFi amps?

Is it wrong to want to buy a less expensive 8 channel DSP to use with the MMATS and expecting it to do a proper job? Or is there even one available.....This coming from a guy who will be relying on the installer for tuning and I won't ever be using it myself.

Is a DSP ever used just once for the install? Maybe a second time for a tweak? I guess that's why the Audio Control D6.1200 is so attractive.....Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #33

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    In heaven the germans are the engineers !

Linear Power. Perfectly designed

Nuff said
    Linear Power is engineered and made in the USA... not Germany.

Great amps. But not German.
    New Car... Stock Stereo

4. Back To Top    #34

Quote Originally Posted by SLicK55 View Post
    Which DSP are y'all using with your MATTS HiFi amps?

Is it wrong to want to buy a less expensive 8 channel DSP to use with the MMATS and expecting it to do a proper job? Or is there even one available.....This coming from a guy who will be relying on the installer for tuning and I won't ever be using it myself.

Is a DSP ever used just once for the install? Maybe a second time for a tweak? I guess that's why the Audio Control D6.1200 is so attractive.....Thanks.
    If you're looking at an 'all in one' DSP/Amp, then you should consider the Helix P-Six (much better than the Audio Control).
    https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/h.../p-six-dsp-mk2

In answer to your first question; There's nothing wrong with using a less expensive DSP, and a MMATS amp.
    I'd recommend the Dayton unit: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...audio--230-500
    New Car... Stock Stereo

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

If your not going to do any tuning yourself, then let the installer pic the DSP. I'm sure they have one that they are most comfortable with using.

6. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    If your not going to do any tuning yourself, then let the installer pic the DSP. I'm sure they have one that they are most comfortable with using.
    This. They'll be more likely to put their heart and soul into the tune if they can navigate the dsp without thinking about it.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #37

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    Since I'm leaning towards the ARC Audio's RS Series 3 component set, I called ARC Audio for an installer near me. Gave them a call and they install a lot of ARC...The ARC 1000.6 175W/DSP, among all ARC gear, is what these guys are experts with so I'll go with that one if I can.

Has anyone here installed either the RS series or use the ARC 1000.6 and have an opinion on them? You tube is filled with reviews and overviews of MMATS and others DSP's but nothing on ARC Audios RS speakers or 1000.6 amp or DSP. I have been told by some posters on DIYMA who have them it's all great stuff.

Once they tune the car, will I need to tweak it? I imagine I might since what is the point of buying a DSP when the installers could use one of theirs.

Thank you.

8. Back To Top    #38

Once they tune the car, will I need to tweak it? I imagine I might since what is the point of buying a DSP when the installers could use one of theirs.
    Based on a few of your posts, I get the feeling that you don't fully understand the way a DSP works. The DSP is not only used/needed during the tuning phase - it needs to remain connected to your audio system all of the time - it's *constantly* processing the audio that goes to your amp.

It's not like it's only used during the tuning phase and then it's not needed anymore.

Help that helps.

In my opinion, you do want to learn the basics of the DSP, just so you can make minor changes after you take the car home. While the system may sound fantastic to the installers, you may have slightly different preferences or maybe your hearing is slightly different than theirs, etc. While I'm sure you could always take it back to them for adjustments, I wouldn't want to have to go back to the audio shop every time I wanted to make a minor change. But again, that it just my opinion - everyone is different.

9. Back To Top    #39

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Based on a few of your posts, I get the feeling that you don't fully understand the way a DSP works. The DSP is not only used/needed during the tuning phase - it needs to remain connected to your audio system all of the time - it's *constantly* processing the audio that goes to your amp.

It's not like it's only used during the tuning phase and then it's not needed anymore.

Help that helps.

In my opinion, you do want to learn the basics of the DSP, just so you can make minor changes after you take the car home. While the system may sound fantastic to the installers, you may have slightly different preferences or maybe your hearing is slightly different than theirs, etc. While I'm sure you could always take it back to them for adjustments, I wouldn't want to have to go back to the audio shop every time I wanted to make a minor change. But again, that it just my opinion - everyone is different.
    Thanks jtrosky. That did help.

I was reading about learning how to tune and it was daunting. Seemed like a lot of minutia and very complex to a noob like me. But if I'm going to make a substantial investment in my cars audio, I would like to be able to adjust the tune. It might take time until I get it down, but I look at it as important and fun.

I've owned a lot of cars but never made changes to the OEM systems. I've researched a lot to try and find "the perfect amp" for me and I think it's the Audio Arc 1000.6. Esp since the DSP is connected to the amp which makes things simplified as well. Hopefully I can get some feedback here from folks who have it and the RS Series speakers or just have an opinion from what they've heard about them.

The Helix MK2 looks great but I am using installers and there are none down here in S. Fl. to consult with.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by SLicK55; 02-05-2020 at 09:17 AM.

10. Back To Top    #40

Thanks jtrosky. That did help.

I was reading about learning how to tune and it was daunting. Seemed like a lot of minutia and very complex to a noob like me. But if I'm going to make a substantial investment in my cars audio, I would like to be able to adjust the tune. It might take time until I get it down, but I look at it as important and fun.

I've owned a lot of cars but never made changes to the OEM systems. I've researched a lot to try and find "the perfect amp" for me and I think it's the Audio Arc 1000.6. Esp since the DSP is connected to the amp which makes things simplified as well. Hopefully I can get some feedback here from folks who have it and the RS Series speakers or just have an opinion from what they've heard about them.

The Helix MK2 looks great but I am using installers and there are none down here in S. Fl. to consult with.

Thanks again.
    Well, the good part about getting the system professionally tuned is that you'll have a very good tune to start off with. That will give you plenty of time to research and learn how to adjust things yourself, if needed/desired. As long as you save a copy of the original tune before messing with it, you can always get back to where you started. Like you mentioned, tuning is both rewarding and fun. Yes, it does take a lot of time to get 'up to speed', but at the same time, a lot of the basics are relatively easy to understand and adjust.

I don't have any experience with the amp you are looking at, so I can't comment on that (I have a JL Audio XD600/6v2 and a Helix DSP.3 DSP). I kind of like the amp and DSP being "separate", just because that way I can replace either one without impacting the other - but I can understand the desire for an "all in one" unit as well...

Good luck - let us know what you end up going with and how it works out! There are also plenty of folks around to help you with the tuning part as you have questions.