1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: The perfect amp

Quote Originally Posted by Chris12 View Post
    I’m intrigued by the MMATS amps too.

But I must confess that (in all my inferior wisdom) I have worries regarding their robustness and longevity. I’ve heard of at least three amps from their HiFi series that weren’t working properly (aka “blown”).

Of course I have no hard evidence of MMATS having higher failures than any other company- but I’ve heard enough to plant a seed of question in my mind.
    I've heard that too but coulda just been a bad run of them or possibly installer error. People are way more likely to speak up when something isn't right so there's that. The people running the Mmatts hifi amps seem to love them.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

This one seems pretty nice
    http://www.biketronics.com/bt4250-14...r-2014-and-up/

Individual channel gain
    4x250w
    all in a super small package
    7"x5"x1.8"
    uses HypeX amp tech
    and lifetime warranty
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    The new Arc Audio ARC 1000.6 is interesting. 175w x 6. The option to replace the standard input board with a full function DSP board and Idatalink Maestro AR compatibility.
    I just changed to the Arc 1000 models and so far, they are great. One extremely nice feature is no more radio interference from a Class D amp. I have to get some pictures taken of the build as it is changing.

4. Back To Top    #24

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    This one seems pretty nice
    http://www.biketronics.com/bt4250-14...r-2014-and-up/

Individual channel gain
    4x250w
    all in a super small package
    7"x5"x1.8"
    uses HypeX amp tech
    and lifetime warranty
    Ive got the 4180 coming. Hope it's stellar

5. Back To Top    #25

Well, I think I have narrowed my search down to the perfect combo:

Mmats Hifi6150D & M2000.2

150 each to GB10s, GB25s, and GS690s

2,000 @ 2 ohm to the pair of GB12s

Now it that doesn't knock my socks off, I give up... Lol

The dimensions are identical on them (symmetry for my OCD) and the covers are reversible, so I can put the rcas close together and the power wires on opposite ends of the amp rack (with the logos both facing in the same direction)!!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #26

I have the Phoenix gold ti3 amps really only compliant is the size they take up a lot space other then that they are great

7. Back To Top    #27
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I am absolutely in love with my HIFI6150! I can't say enough good things. I'm also looking to switch my Crescendo S1+ with a MMats 3000.1.
    On a side note, I have always had a soft spot for Phoenix Gold. Everything I have owned from them has been fantastic (2 amp, 1 woofer and a coaxial speaker set).
    Lots of awesome suggestions on this thread.

8. Back To Top    #28

Quote Originally Posted by blockrocker View Post
    I am absolutely in love with my HIFI6150! I can't say enough good things. I'm also looking to switch my Crescendo S1+ with a MMats 3000.1.
    On a side note, I have always had a soft spot for Phoenix Gold. Everything I have owned from them has been fantastic (2 amp, 1 woofer and a coaxial speaker set).
    Lots of awesome suggestions on this thread.
    M2000.1 dyno, pretty freakin impressive:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbtMSs5VLDo

The sound difference from my Zapco St series to these Mmats is incredible. Literally, the audible difference is comparable to a successful tuning session!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

The Mmats amp is amazing musically. And a little tank of a build. I can't say its perfect though. Non-tiffany style RCA's, small-ish (but adequate and good quality) speaker and wire terminals, plus a fan that get louder with age, I'm told (mine is still dead quiet but only one month old).
    JimmyDee has some great posts about swapping the fans too. Again, the sound quality and overall build quality, plus, the great customer support I received, getting it to Canada, FAR OUT WAY any trivial complaints so far. 4.9/5

10. Back To Top    #30

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    M2000.1 dyno, pretty freakin impressive:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbtMSs5VLDo

The sound difference from my Zapco St series to these Mmats is incredible. Literally, the audible difference is comparable to a successful tuning session!
    Did they fix those tweeter crackles?