Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The perfect amp

1. Back To Top    #1

The perfect amp

The Mmats 6150D seems to be the an awesome amp for a one amp, relatively high output, 2 way and sub system. https://www.mmatsproaudio.com/site/product/hifi-6150d/

• 4 x 150 Watts RMS @ 4 ohms + 1000 Watts RMS @ 1 ohm

Plus, it's 10" x 9.5" X 2.25", so it's got a small foot print, too...

Most of us end up with multiple amps, so it's interesting to see this kind of performance in a single, small-ish package.

What is your perfect amp??
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: The perfect amp

I like the mmats, but I also really like my pdx-v9 and the rockford fosgate constant power A/D and B/D amps.

I like amps that will do rated power with whatever ohms you want to throw at them. Leaves the ability to change things up really wide open.

The RF compact B/D amps are super small too. I was looking at those the other day and could fit 3 of the 5 channels along the bottom back wall of my F150 without any interference issues and would only be like 4" tall. All of those amps I listed are also under rated. My pdx-v9 is 140x4 and 567x1 at either 2 or 4 ohm.

The birth sheet on crutchfield for the RF compact 5 channel is 113x2 110x2 @ 2ohms and 679x1 @ 1 ohm
    https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Im...575T1000X5.PDF

Side note: The rockford 4 channel t1000-4ad birthsheet scares me a little....Basically 360x4 channels at 4/2/1 ohms...
    https://pdf.crutchfieldonline.com/Im...575T10004D.PDF

3. Back To Top    #3

If I was going with a single amp to run everything it would have to be the mk2 or xdi 1200.6

4. Back To Top    #4

The MMATTS 6150 is definitely on the radar for my next build.

5. Back To Top    #5

Me too
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Ben
    Vehicle
    2015 Ford Escape TI with sony

The hifi-6150 is a nice one. Amazingly low thdn at low power (see pic). I had a blown one i picked up and played with off and on for a longgg time. Long story, but after repairing it ended up having weird issues with mute circuitry that I gave up trying to track down. Anyway, it's based on the IRAUDAMP4. In fact there aren't very many changes from the base design from what I could find, other than the pre-amps of course.

If i could have any amp plopped on my door step for free............ that's a tough one since I haven't handled too many premium amps. 150.6Ap comes to mind . The ground zero SQ 6 channel is also damn nice, I've played with the 4 channel before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hifi6150.png 
Views:	435 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	7270

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    Alfa Romeo Giulia

Mosconi Pro 4/10

8. Back To Top    #8

I love the MMATS amp!
    Love it so much... I have 2 of them!
    New Car... Stock Stereo

9. Back To Top    #9

I have a helix P6 DSP amp and LOVE it! Its a 6 x 120 watts. I then have a dedicated SUB amp.
    Now with Dirac coming into play, I think the perfect amp would be similar to the P6 WITH Dirac built in! USB right to the amp/dsp/Dirac all built in and ONE unit would be Great!
    I am not ready to upgrade or swap my P6 since there is not much really worth it yet. I could use more power for my midbass but its not worth swapping out the P6 just for that.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

The new Arc Audio ARC 1000.6 is interesting. 175w x 6. The option to replace the standard input board with a full function DSP board and Idatalink Maestro AR compatibility.