Thread: AAA Midwest Nationals in St. Louis

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

AAA Midwest Nationals in St. Louis

Wow what a weekend. First off, I got to cross something off of my bucket list, and that was to be track side when top fuel dragsters and funny cars were on the track at night. The second cool thing was I got to spend some time with Antron Brown and his crew. I was in gearhead heaven. Then on Sunday I got to spend the entire day with my son at the track. He convinced me to buy him a Brittney Force piston as a souvenir. Oh yeah, I was handed an autographed connecting rod while I was sitting at a table talking with some friends. I could not have planned a better weekend, and right now I'm suffering from withdrawal...LOL I've uploaded some of the photos I took while I was at the track. I hope you guys enjoy them.

Slideshow is here

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: AAA Midwest Nationals in St. Louis

Is it not the absolute coolest experience when the Top Fuel and Funny Cars go past?

Very difficult to describe the "shockwave" as they pass - just something that has to be felt at least once.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: AAA Midwest Nationals in St. Louis

Tis true chit! Me and some buddies used to go to the Winston invitational every year at rockingham dragway, when it was still an nhra track. At the time it was the only nhra track with the stands still directly trackside. This is, however, why it doesent host nhra events anymore, only ihra. There is truly no greater man made force on the earth, such a vulgar display of power, that it truly can't be described........you just have to feel it. We would go and stay at the start line for the first half, to gawk aimlessly at the burnouts, and to feel them unleash the power. A truly unique experience hearing the sudden onslaught of full power, then everything shudder and violently rip at the track, and amazingly hook and go like hell. The second half we would spend at the finish line. From there against the fence, looking up to the start, you could see the violence more than feel it, and see the hop, shimmy, and shudder of the car dealing with the torque. Coming past the 60 ft mark, you could also see the rediculous skill it takes to get one of these beasts down the track, as the cars drift, twitch and veer the whole way. Finally having a funny car or top fueler blast by you 15 feet away at 313 MPH.......wow, just wow. I do have to admit though, some of my favorite runs are listening to the sounds of the pro-stock guys going through the gears.......

Oh, and thanks for the pics miss!