Thread: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe build

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe build

Quote Originally Posted by demann View Post
    D'oh!!! Yes, of course. I loved reading about his build, and I learned a lot from it.
    With the bit.1s and rear speakers off, it was very good

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

I hope you'll post some pictures of the car for me to drool over.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    I hope you'll post some pictures of the car for me to drool over.
    Absolutely! But right now it’s at a speed shop getting all kinds of engine upgrades. Once I get it back and can switch back over to audio upgrades, I will

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

I wish! I investigated, and unfortunately iDatalink does not support the generation of Cadillac CTS digital Bose amp systems that are in my car (08 - 14 CTS).
    That's disappointing, my wife has a 2012 CTS Wagon, every time I drive it I look at the doors and think how cool it would be to drop 10" midbass in there, some mids up in the factory locations on the dash and then fabricate some tweeters into the A-pillars. The factory head unit is terrible, can you post a picture of how the kit / Kenwood look in the dash? Does it bother you that there are now a bunch of useless buttons?

I really want one of these cars. I’m excited to see what you come up with.
    I'd love a CTS-V wagon, but prices on them are not coming down and in fact creeping up. Seen a couple sell on BaT for near enough what they sold for new.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    ... The factory head unit is terrible, can you post a picture of how the kit / Kenwood look in the dash? Does it bother you that there are now a bunch of useless buttons? ...
    Yes, I will once I get my car back from the speed shop in a couple weeks. They are doing all the engine upgrades I've been wanting to do all these years, but I have been waiting for the extended warranty to expire, which it did last May. Same reason I am just now starting to upgrade the audio system.

I think it looks pretty good, all things considered. The only thing I miss is having a rotary volume knob, I used that a lot with the stock head unit. Now I only have the steering wheel volume +/- buttons, and the +/- volume buttons on the bottom edge of the Kenwood.

As for the row of useless buttons, I plan to mount an iPad mini there, connected to a WiFi OBDII dongle, to display several key engine parameters using the DashCommand app. It will be right below the Kenwood double DIN radio, and just above the row of buttons for the HVAC controls. I'll also be able to use it for normal iPad stuff, like watching videos and movies (when not driving of course).

I actually went to a junk yard and bought that whole centerstack module just so I could take it apart to figure out the best way to mount the iPad mini there. Basically the Menu/Select knobs pop out, then I am going to fab up a small plate on a dowel or pipe of some sort, and epoxy that pipe and plate into the opening of where the knobs were. I'll then attach the 10 magnet Wizgear tablet mount to actually hold the iPad to the plate. That way I can just grab the iPad off of the magnet mount and hide it or take it with me.

I'll post pictures of all this once I get the car back and a chance to do this.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Awesome, I'll be looking forward to the pictures when you get it back!
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

7. Back To Top    #17
    Late to the CAJ party customtronic's Avatar
    Vehicle
    2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8

Love this car. I'm also looking forward to seeing pics.
    2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8|Custom Panny TX5500W Bottlehead|Zapco HDSP-Z16V DSP|HAT Legatia X and SE front stage|HAT C12 Subs|Zapco Z-AP amps
    1967 Mercedes 250S|Panny VX5500|Helix DSP|HAT Legatia SE and Clarus front stage|HAT C15 sub|Zapco Z-LX amps

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Yes, I will once I get my car back from the speed shop in a couple weeks. They are doing all the engine upgrades I've been wanting to do all these years, but I have been waiting for the extended warranty to expire, which it did last May. Same reason I am just now starting to upgrade the audio system.

I think it looks pretty good, all things considered. The only thing I miss is having a rotary volume knob, I used that a lot with the stock head unit. Now I only have the steering wheel volume +/- buttons, and the +/- volume buttons on the bottom edge of the Kenwood.

As for the row of useless buttons, I plan to mount an iPad mini there, connected to a WiFi OBDII dongle, to display several key engine parameters using the DashCommand app. It will be right below the Kenwood double DIN radio, and just above the row of buttons for the HVAC controls. I'll also be able to use it for normal iPad stuff, like watching videos and movies (when not driving of course).

I actually went to a junk yard and bought that whole centerstack module just so I could take it apart to figure out the best way to mount the iPad mini there. Basically the Menu/Select knobs pop out, then I am going to fab up a small plate on a dowel or pipe of some sort, and epoxy that pipe and plate into the opening of where the knobs were. I'll then attach the 10 magnet Wizgear tablet mount to actually hold the iPad to the plate. That way I can just grab the iPad off of the magnet mount and hide it or take it with me.

I'll post pictures of all this once I get the car back and a chance to do this.

A friend of mine had a same-generation (I think it was a '13) CTS (non-V) and before the kit came out, he modded the dash, relocated the factory HU buttons down behind the shifter, put a double din radio in it, and then put an iPad mini in place of the motorized screen. It was a very involved job, but turned out sweet. Nobody ever wanted to pay what it would cost to do it again, and then the kits came out.

I wish I had pics of that one.

Jay

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Has it been a few weeks yet?
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Has it been a few weeks yet?
    It has been. But I'm gonna give him a holiday break before I start pestering for more questions.
    Can't wait to see this car.

Edit: (Yes I replied to myself on purpose, i haven't lost my mind....yet)
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma