Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site issues

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Site issues

We've had several issues plaguing the forum over the past couple of days.

First, registration emails were being rejected by certain providers because our reverse DNS wasn't set up properly. I've got the issue fixed and there shouldn't be any issues from here on out, but anybody still waiting on that registration email won't be getting it. I have manually gone in and accepted everybody, so those users should be able to login without going thru the verification email.

Secondly, we're having weird cookie issues. People can login but it appears they're not, "new posts" not displaying correctly, threads still showing as new even though they've been read, etc. If you logged it, it said "Welcome" and then went back to the login screen, odd are, you're logged in, but the cookie has the site showing you're not. If this happens, click the Car Audio Junkies logo, or any of the forums, and see if it suddenly displays that you're logged in.

I'm going to have to dig into the issues deeper this weekend, so expect some down time late Saturday night into early Sunday morning, so I can try to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Alan

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Re: Site issues

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    We've had several issues plaguing the forum over the past couple of days.

Secondly, we're having weird cookie issues. People can login but it appears they're not, "new posts" not displaying correctly, threads still showing as new even though they've been read, etc. If you logged it, it said "Welcome" and then went back to the login screen, odd are, you're logged in, but the cookie has the site showing you're not. If this happens, click the Car Audio Junkies logo, or any of the forums, and see if it suddenly displays that you're logged in.

I'm going to have to dig into the issues deeper this weekend, so expect some down time late Saturday night into early Sunday morning, so I can try to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
    Alan
    Hello BigAl205, I had that issue but just refreshed my browser and it then kept me logged in. Hope that helps.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

Every time I go to the home screen, it appears that I'm logged out...but I can click on something and it retains my logged-in-ness

The odd thing is that it's also messing up on another site on the same server, so I know it's not just a forum thing.

4. Back To Top    #4

Glad to see the Live Forum Feed has returned.

I've been clicking my browser's refresh button.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Vehicle
    2017 Silverado CCSB

I've found that I have to do a lot of refreshing or "hard" refreshing (CTRL + F5) in order to get around some caching issues. This has been the case for logging in, as well as being able to see new posts.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

The issues are even showing up on Tapatalk...showing "login" even though you can reply to threads.

7. Back To Top    #7

Interesting, I haven't had a single issue (Tapatalk user)..,,

8. Back To Top    #8

I just ran into this issue on the phone (opera browser). It's fine on the laptop (edge browser).

9. Back To Top    #9

Problem seems to have disappeared (works fine now after I forced a page refresh/reload).

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

Things are definitely looking better