Thread: 2014 factory integration help

1. Back To Top    #1

2014 factory integration help

I have 2014 Silverado CC non-Bose.

I have read about the "chime issue" when adding amplificationso ... Looking at the Ampro 4 gm 61, but also curious on the NavTv. I would rather not have to send my head unit for reprogramming. I would run to a DSP of some sort. Or would something the the JL fix and Twk be a better option .

I am certainly open an other suggestions/ options . Thank you in advance .

2. Back To Top    #2
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Re: 2014 factory integration help

The Amp pro with the toslink add on works really well for me. Probably cheaper than anything NavTv sells.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Marv
    Vehicle
    2016 Silverado Regular Cab

I'm using a twk88 with the factory headunit in my 2016 Silverado and have been able to structure the input/output gains so I did not over amplify the chimes. Another option if you don't care about the fader is to use the rear outputs from your headunit to the processor and hide one of your dash speakers under the dash etc for the chimes connected to the front channel which was my original plan before getting the processor (the chimes/turn signal sound will still play even when faded to the rear)
    Build Thread

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...Silverdo-build

https://www.instagram.com/mrmarvsplace/

Post count on a forum does NOT denote ones level of knowledge, skill nor experience..

4. Back To Top    #4

I haven't personally owned a 2014 but I've owned a lot of GM vehicles and every forum I've been on people claim the chimes are deafening keeping the factory radio but I have NEVER experienced this. I think people are cranking the gains too much and most aren't using a DSP either but I still never experienced the chimes being too loud before I started using a DSP.