Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amplifier Suggestion (5 or 6 channel)

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Amplifier Suggestion (5 or 6 channel)

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    I think it’s a bit bigger than the Arc as well, so if the Arc is almost too big, no way the Mmats will fit.
    Yeah, it's wider than the Arc.
    I suppose if he has 8" max width to work with (and a $500 budget), then the MMATS is out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hifi6150.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	227.2 KB 
ID:	7249
    New Car... Stock Stereo

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

You might also consider the NVX-VAD11005. From all the dynos I've seen done on the NVX amps, they always beat their rated power by a nice margin. At 12"L x 7.2"W x 2.0"H, this one did 116wx4 and 425x1 all at 4 ohms...and the price is nice at $270

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPrB2H5TjQ

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    You might also consider the NVX-VAD11005. From all the dynos I've seen done on the NVX amps, they always beat their rated power by a nice margin. At 12"L x 7.2"W x 2.0"H, this one did 116wx4 and 425x1 all at 4 ohms...and the price is nice at $270

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPrB2H5TjQ
    Wow, that amp certainly looks pretty good on paper and especially for the price.

I'll add that I have an Mmats 6150 and it is a beast. I used channels 5 and 6 temporarily for the sub and I was very surprised, it was almost enough for me. If you can find one used, it might be worth pushing the budget.

And if you're interested, I have a Digital Designs D5.1000 which is 90x4 @ 4 ohms and 1000x1 @ 1 ohm that I'm trying to sell. Looking for $300 shipped.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I realize this amp is too big, out of budget, and a preorder but it looks like a great deal for A LOT of power as long as nothing goes wrong with the preorder and amps as far as QC goes. Just putting it here just in case someone views this thread over the next couple weeks and says "hmm I need that". Hell I was tempted until I saw it was fan cooled. The fan in my xdi1200.6 kinda soured me on fan cooled amps but the fans in my pair of Mosconi One 120.4's were quiet as a church mouse and they were under the front seats of a truck.
    https://adcaraudio.com/store/product...0-6-pre-order/
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #15

fits size, maybe not budget (unless you can find some second-hand). https://www.focal-america.com/product/fdp6900/

also alpine pdx-v9? not new but probably second-hand or new-old-stock

there's supposed to be a 6ch version of this coming out soon - https://www.zapco.com/st-204d-sq

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I actually had the HD900/5 and swapped to the Arc XDi 1200.6 - and can say, I did notice a difference. Definitely prefer the Arc for my particular listening tastes. But as HBSQ said, the amps on startup were quite noticeable in our Grand Cherokee. Very excited to hear how bad they will sound sitting right behind me in a truck now

I've heard two of those NVX five channel in different installs, and both sounded good.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I realize this amp is too big, out of budget, and a preorder but it looks like a great deal for A LOT of power as long as nothing goes wrong with the preorder and amps as far as QC goes. Just putting it here just in case someone views this thread over the next couple weeks and says "hmm I need that". Hell I was tempted until I saw it was fan cooled. The fan in my xdi1200.6 kinda soured me on fan cooled amps but the fans in my pair of Mosconi One 120.4's were quiet as a church mouse and they were under the front seats of a truck.
    https://adcaraudio.com/store/product...0-6-pre-order/
    That looks like a great amp also.

I'll agree with the fan, I guess they're hit or miss. The fan on the Mmats 6150 is pretty loud but I can't really hear it since it's in the trunk.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Andrew
    Vehicle
    2017 Silverado CCSB

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I actually had the HD900/5 and swapped to the Arc XDi 1200.6 - and can say, I did notice a difference. Definitely prefer the Arc for my particular listening tastes. But as HBSQ said, the amps on startup were quite noticeable in our Grand Cherokee. Very excited to hear how bad they will sound sitting right behind me in a truck now

I've heard two of those NVX five channel in different installs, and both sounded good.
    With no music playing, I'm definitely able to hear the fans on the Arc in my truck...however one of my seats is still not installed so that probably doesn't help things.

I was always wondering if anyone has swapped the fans for some quieter versions, maybe something from Noctua?

9. Back To Top    #19

I have a Kenwood XR900-5 available. 60x4/400x1
    Size: 10-1/4 x 2 x 6-5/8

$200 shipped
    MikeG

Current Rides:
    2015 Sonata Sport (OEM integrated system coming soon)
    2015 Chevy Traverse (Maybe a system later)

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is a fantastic amplifier ^^^

If he doesn't jump on that, I may snag it for my wife's Jeep.
    Are you not entertained?!?!