Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Helix DSP.3 help thread

1. Back To Top    #201

Re: Helix DSP.3 help thread

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    I have, on multiple occasions now, found my Helix wifi adapter still up and running long after the car and other equipment has shut off. I haven't yet figured out the circumstances that cause this to happen yet (but it's always after loading a new tune and/or "messing" with some settings). Has anyone else had this happen?
    So just a quick update on this. It happened to me again today (Helix wifi module stayed powered up and accepting connections even after the car was turned off (and my amps and the Helix DSP.3 itself was also powered off).

After it happened, I think I found what causes it. It seems that if you turn off your laptop (actually, put it into sleep mode by closing the lid) without exiting the Helix software first, then the Helix wifi module stays powered up and active - at least in some cases. I haven't tried recreating the issue yet, but I started the car, reconnected to the Helix wifi adapter with my laptop again and restarted the Helix sofrware - but this time, I exited the Helix software before closing my laptop (which is what I normally do). As soon as I did that and got out of my car and checked the Helix wifi module after doing this, the Helix wifi module shut down properly.

So it sure does *seem* that closing your laptop while the Helix software is still running and connected to the Helix wifi module, causes the Helix wifi module to stay "active" - even after the car is turned off and all other audio equipment shuts down normally. At least in some cases... I'll have to do a little more testing.

2. Back To Top    #202

Hi. I was hoping you could help me out. I am planning on getting a ZAPCO Dsp, but the ipod is still my main method of listening to music.

Do you know if I could hook up the ipod to the optical inlet ( I use a device that extracts the ipod info and sends it digitally to my home DAC via optical. It would be great if I could do the same with one of these units.)

Also, If I send an analog ipod signal (instead of digital) to the DSPs AUX in, does this signal get processed by the Zapco DSP? It sounds like a stupid question, but Zapco is outfitted with ADC's as well as DAC's, so I thought maybe it was capable of processing an analog signal.

I wanted to use my own DAC in the car and compare it to the Zapcos DAC hardware side by side. Thanks.

3. Back To Top    #203

Hi. I was hoping you could help me out. I am planning on getting a ZAPCO Dsp, but the ipod is still my main method of listening to music.

Do you know if I could hook up the ipod to the optical inlet ( I use a device that extracts the ipod info and sends it digitally to my home DAC via optical. It would be great if I could do the same with one of these units.)

Also, If I send an analog ipod signal (instead of digital) to the DSPs AUX in, does this signal get processed by the Zapco DSP? It sounds like a stupid question, but Zapco is outfitted with ADC's as well as DAC's, so I thought maybe it was capable of processing an analog signal.

I wanted to use my own DAC in the car and compare it to the Zapcos DAC hardware side by side. Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #204

So, I posted a few questions on the other forum. I know many of you visit each. Since this pertains to the Helix dsp.3, I thought I would post it here.

I have been unable to get my tune correct. Most of my issues involve the use of the Helix dsp. I decided to try the autoEQ function today. I ran it a total of 4 times. Each time the results were similar to the previous. Here is what it did to my mids. I don't need to tell you how bad they sound afterwards. And yes, I entered the settings correctly before running autoEQ.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	autoeq mids.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	13771

5. Back To Top    #205
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Not 100% sure what midbass is what, but I am guessing red is left and green is right (IIRC which one usually has the ~400hz cancellation issues due to wavelength and distance to center console). This does seem bigger than what I expect though..... What vehicle?

What do the speakers RTA look like without any EQ?
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #206

Yeah sorry, you are correct. red/L, green/R

19" Honda Accord. Mids lower front of doors, tweets in the sails. Just surprised the autoEQ did such a poor job. I haven't been able to really get the sound right. I used an Audiocontrol dsp prior to the Helix. Just was expecting a big improvement with the Helix. However, I'm no car audio guru so, still learning.

Below is pre-EQ

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FINAL 8-22.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	13774

7. Back To Top    #207
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I’m gonna say based on your pre eq, you’re not setting something up right in the auto eq...did you watch the auto eq video by skizer in the sticky?
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

8. Back To Top    #208

Probably user era although it seems pretty straight forward. I did watch that video a couple of times along with reviewing instructions on the Helix site.

Go into rta-settings, then back to measurement page-start analyzer-move reverence curve switches on the right-start measurement-autoset then let it do it's thing for approx a minute

If there is a step I'm doing wrong it's most likely the setting of the reference/offset switches on the right side of the graph wrong. However, Helix won't let you get them too out-of-whack because then it will fail to activate measuring.

9. Back To Top    #209

Hi All,

Anyone knows why "Phase slider" on Helix dsp.3 on channel C/D/E/F are disabled? Can change on A/B and G/H channels though. Please let me know..

Regards,
    Manoj

10. Back To Top    #210

Quote Originally Posted by tkmanutk View Post
    Hi All,

Anyone knows why "Phase slider" on Helix dsp.3 on channel C/D/E/F are disabled? Can change on A/B and G/H channels though. Please let me know..

Regards,
    Manoj
    mom guessing you have those channels set as midbass drivers, for whatever reason helix don’t let you adjust phase on them, just rename them to mids and all will be fine... however if they are Front and rear midbass just adjust tweeters and subs