Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Helix DSP.3 help thread

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Helix DSP.3 help thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    On #4, I was talking to Doug Dobson this weekend about this. It seems cool and he said it gets you pretty close, but some final tuning will still be needed. I was thinking about going out and trying it in a bit. Doug said any calibrated microphone will work with it so why not give it a go and see what it does.

At least, I learn and see what it does differently than what I do. At most, it gets a really good starting point that then needs just some final touches.
    Definitely interested to hear your feedback! I don't even have my DSP.3 in the car yet - but I have it setup "on the bench" and plan to start messing with it very soon. The built-in RTA seemed kind of cool, I just haven't heard much about it (I think it's pretty new?). I'm brand new to Helix, so it's all new to me right now. :-)

Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate it!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Nick

On #4, I was talking to Doug Dobson this weekend about this. It seems cool and he said it gets you pretty close, but some final tuning will still be needed. I was thinking about going out and trying it in a bit. Doug said any calibrated microphone will work with it so why not give it a go and see what it does.

At least, I learn and see what it does differently than what I do. At most, it gets a really good starting point that then needs just some final touches.
    i'd almost be willing to bet that it does a better job than most people can do manually, but in only 15 minutes

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Definitely interested to hear your feedback! I don't even have my DSP.3 in the car yet - but I have it setup "on the bench" and plan to start messing with it very soon. The built-in RTA seemed kind of cool, I just haven't heard much about it (I think it's pretty new?). I'm brand new to Helix, so it's all new to me right now. :-)

Thanks for the feedback - I appreciate it!
    believe it or not, the Helix stuff has had a built in RTA and auto eq for a long time now. Its just that no one talks about it

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    i'd almost be willing to bet that it does a better job than most people can do manually, but in only 15 minutes

Lol that is what I am afraid of....All my time wasted!

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

We are just going to ignore this was ever said......Don't read the quote in SkizeR's response below....
    Last edited by Jdunk54nl; 10-20-2019 at 09:22 PM.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Nick

So I was going to go test it, had almost everything set up, and then I realized I don't have the right cables...I don't have a micro usb to type b connector for my microphone to helix... One was ordered so maybe next weekend.
    Your mic doesnt go into the helix. It goes into your laptop lol. Only the laptop goes into the helix

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

That was definitely a moment of not thinking there...I really don't know how it would work with the mic plugged in without a computer, that doesn't even make sense to be able to run the autotune software.....Im going to go ahead and exit in embarrassment now so I can cancel my amazon order.....

Also...why'd you have to quote me on that...now I can't get rid of that

Still will do it next weekend now that I am out of time but have the right cables....

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Nick

lol, sorry bud

9. Back To Top    #19

Here are the Helix DSP PC-Tool hotkeys that I am aware of - if anyone knows of any others, please chime in! This is with version 4.52a - older versions may not have all of these:

DSP PC Tool Hotkeys

Arrow Keys : Navigate around app interface
    . : Link / un-link all available channels
    , : Activate / de-activate link groups
    +/- : Adjust slider fields fields quickly
    1 - 8 : Mute/Un-mute channel (1=A, 2=B, 3=C ...)
    F1 - F8 : Go to specific channel (F1=A, F2=B, F3=C ...)
    D : Show/hide window frame in Windows (make window "borderless")
    E : Go to "EQ" section of app
    H : Go to "Highpass Filter" section of app
    L : Go to "Lowpass Filter" section of app
    P : Go to "Phase, Polarity & Time" section of app
    Q : Quit app
    R : Import EQ parameters exported from Room EQ Wizard (aka "REW")
    S : Save preset

10. Back To Top    #20
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

I'm about to install the DSP.3. Currently my TWK-88 is configured to use 2 channels for the sub and I have left and right going to the sub amp. Am I correct in thinking I can merge L+R in Helix to send sub signal from H to just the L channel on the amp, but then I'll need to increase the gain on the amp to compensate for only 1 rca connected instead of 2?