Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Helix DSP.3 help thread

1. Back To Top    #211

Re: Helix DSP.3 help thread

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    mom guessing you have those channels set as midbass drivers, for whatever reason helix don’t let you adjust phase on them, just rename them to mids and all will be fine... however if they are Front and rear midbass just adjust tweeters and subs
    Thank you for the quick reply and really appreciate that! I have only front stage and these are midrange / midbass drivers. I am trying to correct the phase difference between them at the crossover (they are already time-matched). Will try as you suggested to change the name.

Best regards,
    Manoj

2. Back To Top    #212

They aren’t time matched Very well at the crossover if there are phase differences... timing and phase need to be measured and set accurately with some clever software to be set correctly, there are literally hundreds of combinations and one, maybe two that will give good summation all the way through the crossover and the correct arrival times and phase

some will argue the tape measure is good enough... but those that actually take the time to look and learn will find out it’s not good enough to play with phase and ta and guess to get it bang on

if drivers are set as front mids you should be able to adjust phase, I can in my dsp.3 and my ultra

3. Back To Top    #213

Thanks you!

Yeah, loving the process of learning theory and applying along the way. Using Smaart V8 for measurements, which is showing everything through its transfer function measurement feature.

Regards,
    Manoj

4. Back To Top    #214

Quote Originally Posted by tkmanutk View Post
    Thanks you!

Yeah, loving the process of learning theory and applying along the way. Using Smaart V8 for measurements, which is showing everything through its transfer function measurement feature.

Regards,
    Manoj
    thank god someone else can use it, it’s the only way to set delays and ta for me, once youve done it you can’t Ever just use a tape again as you realise how far out it can be

5. Back To Top    #215

I’ve just made up a fresh double y lead for loopback and into the processor aux in
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45FA2853-8A69-427F-930E-545FB4D5520A.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	14032  

6. Back To Top    #216

Can you explain your signal chain dumdum ?

Is signal produced in the PC, then out the aux jack, splitting into the external sound card and the Head unit, or what ? You can see I"m a bit confused about how to set this up.

7. Back To Top    #217

Quote Originally Posted by preston View Post
    Can you explain your signal chain dumdum ?

Is signal produced in the PC, then out the aux jack, splitting into the external sound card and the Head unit, or what ? You can see I"m a bit confused about how to set this up.
    you have a dual mono input and output usb audio interface, so you have output 1 and output 2, you will only use a single one of these which you set in smaart, it’s a 1/4” mono jack, this produces pink noise output, this is then split Via a splitter I’ve made (the second 1/4” mono jack) this is the loopback connection into input 2, the output on the other half of the Splitter is then routed to every channel on the dsp, so whatever the interface generates will then be played over every speaker

the mic is input on channel 1

the pc then compares the timing of the output audio to the input on the mic, this then generates time/phase information via fast Fourier transform in a live setting, you can also play music and get transfer function information from music also as it can compare the freq info in music to the mic input

8. Back To Top    #218

Hey, its been a while folks have not been active on this post but I do need help with a helix DSP.3. I have tuned my DSP to the JBL house curve and I like how it sounds. There is a major problem I am hearing, or rather not hearing and that is when using tuning clicks/ pulses. I was using the ARC audio pulse for time alignment, and there is no sound. The pulse simply is not there. I played the pulse on other media players and its fine. Even the song "grandma's hands" by Livingston Taylor which has finger snaps is affected; the snaps are extremely muted. This was not happening with the OEM radio by itself. Any possible explanations?
    Last edited by altec; 05-12-2021 at 06:51 PM.

9. Back To Top    #219

Hello,

My setup: Audison Voce AV K6, Hybrid Audio unity U3, MB Quartz QM 165, amplifiers 2x Audison SR 5.600, Helix DSP.3
    I have Helix DSP.3 and for 4 months it worked without problems, but since yesterday every time I start the car I don't hear anything in the speakers. The amplifiers and the DSP are powered on, but nothing is heard. I have 2 inputs, high input and optical and no speaker can be heard from any source. After a hard reset of the Helix DSP.3 the speakers started to sound, but of course I have to load the setup. And so every time I start the car I have to hard reset the Helix DSP.3 and load my setup.
    Has anyone had this problem, does anyone know where the problem might be?

Thank you!

10. Back To Top    #220

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
    Hello,

My setup: Audison Voce AV K6, Hybrid Audio unity U3, MB Quartz QM 165, amplifiers 2x Audison SR 5.600, Helix DSP.3
    I have Helix DSP.3 and for 4 months it worked without problems, but since yesterday every time I start the car I don't hear anything in the speakers. The amplifiers and the DSP are powered on, but nothing is heard. I have 2 inputs, high input and optical and no speaker can be heard from any source. After a hard reset of the Helix DSP.3 the speakers started to sound, but of course I have to load the setup. And so every time I start the car I have to hard reset the Helix DSP.3 and load my setup.
    Has anyone had this problem, does anyone know where the problem might be?

Thank you!
    I’d remove all power and earth cables and run fresh to the device to rule that out, dsps are very simple devices, they tend to just work, and I don’t mean re terminate the end of existing cables, I mean remove all cables and run fresh to ensure you don’t have a bad earth or dodgy power supply