Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fancy sub box build

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Fancy sub box build

Quote Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
    That's how my sub grill is. I needed something functional, but I wanted something unique and stylish. It was ridiculous in terms of cost, but hey, we want what we want, right? lol
    Yep, I remember it, it's awesome and worth it, imho... From the Alexander guy in Russia, right?
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Robert or Mac
    Vehicle
    2012 Charger RT

using that acrylic table was damn clever. Nice build!
    MASQ partner and judge
    MobileAudioSQ.com

3. Back To Top    #13
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Yep, I remember it, it's awesome and worth it, imho... From the Alexander guy in Russia, right?
    Yup, that's the one. Just for me, so even though I got some comments from some folks who thought it was stupid and a waste, it matters not. I am happy with it.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2015 Toyota Camry XSE V6

This thing is turning out awesome. LEDs and acrylic really bring a project to life - I’ve always wanted to add the combo to my trunk setup somewhere.

I’m very interested to see the final product, and where this beauty actually ends up going

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Weigel
    Vehicle
    99' Cavalier RS coupe

I like it!

And ever since I seen the acrylic enclosure done up for BigDWiz, I thought, man that looks slick. LEDs and Acrylic, what a combo.

You going to have any sort of logo engraved in the Acrylic?

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
    Wow, that is something super crazy for sure! I like it! Very interesting concept to combine the acrylic and the Baltic birch, but not just the 'typical' inset panel of acrylic so many people do. And that port... a whole lotta work in this project simply for aesthetics. I can get on board with that.

Great job, man, and keep us up to date on the finished product!
    ^^^THIS!^^^

Been following along at the place that shall not be named. Glad to see you're continuing it here!

7. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by pocket5s View Post
    using that acrylic table was damn clever. Nice build!
    Thanks! I wanted it curved, because a flat acrylic baffle is nothing new... I got lucky finding the table on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris12 View Post
    This thing is turning out awesome. LEDs and acrylic really bring a project to life - I’ve always wanted to add the combo to my trunk setup somewhere.

I’m very interested to see the final product, and where this beauty actually ends up going
    Thanks! Personally, I am hooked on using acrylic and I'll look for ways to use it in future projects. Not to mention, I have the other half of the end table to use up!

Quote Originally Posted by Weigel21 View Post
    I like it!

And ever since I seen the acrylic enclosure done up for BigDWiz, I thought, man that looks slick. LEDs and Acrylic, what a combo.

You going to have any sort of logo engraved in the Acrylic?
    Thanks! I am not sure about a logo, yet... I do know that anything (even a little scratch) in the acrylic is picked up and highlighted by the lights. It's fascinating how the light travels though the acrylic, even making the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    ^^^THIS!^^^

Been following along at the place that shall not be named. Glad to see you're continuing it here!
    Thanks! Hopefully, I can get it carpeted today and move this build along...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #18

Well, here is the sample of the black shadow camo... It like it better than I thought. What do you guys think?

It isn't black and gray (even though one would swear it's black and gray from the picture), it's all flat black. Each shape in the vinyl is a different texture and shade of black to create camo the effect.

#TRUMP2020

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Here's you a logo to put on it https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/cajmaster.svg

So where did you get your vinyl?

10. Back To Top    #20

I think I prefer the brushed-look material shown in that other thread.