Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MECA/IASCA Finals Competitor Spotlights

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Nick

2019 MECA/IASCA Finals Competitor Spotlights

I figured the build log section would be the most appropriate place to post these. Please move if not the case.

So this year I went into finals with a bit of a different mindset. Usually when I go, im running around talking to people and taking literally hundreds of photos that at the end of the day, don't really show off even close to what finals is really like. I figured video would be better and would do a much better job of showing others what you can expect when you go to finals whether it be to compete or hang out. The reason I did this is that when I started asking new and old friends I noticed that there was a bit of a preconceived notion about competitions and the people/cars that go to them: theyre secretive, cliquey, and overall, closed off and not something someone new should go to. Anyone whos been to a larger event can probably tell you that this is NOT the case. All you have to do is introduce yourself. That's it. I personally, used to suffer pretty badly from social anxiety, and still occasionally do so I know what it's like. I know what it's like to show up to an event without knowing anyone there and being an introvert. This is a tool to help people become familiar with the people and personalities behind the cars you hear about, and how cool, open, and friendly they can actually be.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Nick

Re: 2019 MECA/IASCA Finals Competitor Spotlights

First up.. Jason Bertholomey of NCSQ and his Audi S4

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Nick

Next up: Larry Ng, all the way from California with his Mercedes C230

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2000 Honda Insight

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing these. Always love seeing how some of these builds are put together, especially since I'm doing one of my own (though, mine isn't meant for competing like these guys are doing). Lots of creative ways to pack an install in, for sure.

5. Back To Top    #5

Nice, thanks! Never been to finals so it was really neat to see videos of owners of really nice cars explaining details of the setup and giving lots of insight vs a simple picture or walk around.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by banshee28 View Post
    Nice, thanks! Never been to finals so it was really neat to see videos of owners of really nice cars explaining details of the setup and giving lots of insight vs a simple picture or walk around.
    you should come next year. Its fun

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Caaaarrrrl
    Vehicle
    Which one?

Quote Originally Posted by banshee28 View Post
    You should try going there and actually hearing those cars. I went this year largely at Skizer's recommendation (as well as that of another guy from Reddit that went the year before) and it was well worth it. I'm already intending to go next year if nothing changes. It's really enjoyable, super relaxed and it's even educational. It will however make you feel bad about how your own system performs if it doesn't compare. Which is my case. Even my "good" setup is miles away from what those cars at finals are doing. I still can't recommend it enough.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I've been to finals several times and had a blast, but I haven't made the trek to Kentucky yet. Maybe next year

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Keith
    Vehicle
    2016 Jaguar XF-S

These cars are amazing. In my mind my installs are almost as impressive, but the reality of my lack of fabrication skill set and budget (wife that doesn't get it) ...really make me feel inadequate. Some day..

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Nick

Another one. This time, Peter Holm!