Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The DIYMA test, Introduce yourself if you came from DIYMA. Let’s take a count

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

The DIYMA test, Introduce yourself if you came from DIYMA. Let’s take a count

Ok, I see a lot of familiar names already and lots of DIYMA posts but I want to take a count of how many actually are here now so if you don’t mind and you came from DIYMA than introduce yourself. I’m hoping this also helps others looking on here trying to decide if they want to make the switch to see who is already a member here. It would be nice to get a count of how many DIYMA members have made the switch. Hoping this turns into a 200+ count thread all with DIYMA members and CAS welcomes.

I’ve been a member of DIYMA since early 2014 and was formally named V8toilet there. Making the switch because everyone else is and I like this crowd. Seems like this place might be a nice place to migrate to.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: The DIYMA test, Introduce yourself if you came from DIYMA. Let’s take a count

DIYMA? Never heard of it

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: The DIYMA test, Introduce yourself if you came from DIYMA. Let’s take a count

I came over here in 2013 (I think). I've known Al for a while and someone said this is where all the cool kids were hanging out. Actually, I think Al's first forum was called "Forum Refugee". Been on diyma since Jan of 07 back when it was owned by NPDang. Migrated to diyma from sounddomain because it was imploding like diyma is now.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Almost everyone here came from DIYMA. There's a member list under the community tab at the top of the page.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

My last on purpose login to diyma was December of 2010 (phone logged me on once after that)

6. Back To Top    #6

Another DIYMA transplant here.... I'm relatively new to car audio and was just starting to get comfortable over on DIYMA when the shit hit the fan about the forum software switch.

I have a lot to learn and found folks on DIYMA very helpful - hopefully, this place ends up even better than DIYMA.

Just got a new Helix DSP.3 in the mail today (upgrading from Rockford Fosgate DSR-1), so I'm gonna need you guys along the way! :-)

7. Back To Top    #7

I am also a migrant from DIYMA, I was 04quadcab there. I have updated my user name to reflect a recent change in my life. I have been "tinkering" with DIY audio (home an car) since 2015 and decided to start journaling my adventures with a YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/diyaudioguy

In my videos I call myself "THE" DIY Audio Guy. But that is not quite right. I am just "A" DIY Audio Guy. You are also a DIY Audio Guy or Gal you are welcome to join my adventure. I am not trying to make any money on the channel, just having fun sharing my hobby. I would appreciate it if you subscribed.

8. Back To Top    #8

Yep, former DIYMA user here.

I have been here on CAJ forum for a Whopping..... 24 hours now

jtrosky, I also have a Helix and love it, basically if you get the basics right, it will make a huge impact. Get your XO settings, gains, levels and tape measure TA set, and see how that sounds. Once you get good at that, work on EQ and the rest. I know there are tons of posts here on exactly how to do that, just saying. Good luck.

9. Back To Top    #9

Yo!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Nick

Ayooooo

Side note.. ResoNix Giveaway!

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...5143#post45143