Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The DIYMA test, Introduce yourself if you came from DIYMA. Let’s take a count

1. Back To Top    #141
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: The DIYMA test, Introduce yourself if you came from DIYMA. Let’s take a count

Unless I am the 'Money Grubbing Whore' , they suck .

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    Why do you think they wanted to change.. more ads = more revenue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #142

Re: The DIYMA test, Introduce yourself if you came from DIYMA. Let’s take a count

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    Why do you think they wanted to change.. more ads = more revenue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yup - that seems to be the exact reason why all of our forums are moving over to that Xenfono crap (or whatever it's called) - more income from ads - and they also claim they needed to upgrade to stay current.

Like I said, I've seen multiple forums switch over to it and it hasn't been well-received by the users on ANY of them. After the "upgrade", forum use level go way down as a result. I think a lot of that is just because people resist change though. No matter what the new software looked like, people wouldn't like it just because it's "different" than what they are used to.

That being said, for us users, it's a "free" service, so it's kind of hard to complain about something that is being given to us for free. Also, if you use Tapatalk to access the forums, nothing changes - it looks exactly like it did before the "upgrade". I could never go back to using forums via a browser again - Tapatalk is where it's at for me - all forums look and behave exactly the same and it allows me to get to info on the forums quickly and easily (way faster than using a browser) - which is the main purpose of a forum - the info posted on it. :-)

3. Back To Top    #143
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Yup - that seems to be the exact reason why all of our forums are moving over to that Xenfono crap (or whatever it's called) - more income from ads - and they also claim they needed to upgrade to stay current.

Like I said, I've seen multiple forums switch over to it and it hasn't been well-received by the users on ANY of them. After the "upgrade", forum use level go way down as a result. I think a lot of that is just because people resist change though. No matter what the new software looked like, people wouldn't like it just because it's "different" than what they are used to.

That being said, for us users, it's a "free" service, so it's kind of hard to complain about something that is being given to us for free. Also, if you use Tapatalk to access the forums, nothing changes - it looks exactly like it did before the "upgrade". I could never go back to using forums via a browser again - Tapatalk is where it's at for me - all forums look and behave exactly the same and it allows me to get to info on the forums quickly and easily (way faster than using a browser) - which is the main purpose of a forum - the info posted on it. :-)
    Fuck that *#

4. Back To Top    #144

What's the line on betting who goes back after saying they won't ever go back?
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

5. Back To Top    #145
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    I swear I won't.....types in diymobileaudio.com into next tab......

If this site keeps picking up, not much of a reason. I have definitely seen a slow down over there. Really the only reason I go over there is to check the classifieds and then I see some other posts that interest me.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #146
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I might lurk, but my participation days are pretty much over

7. Back To Top    #147

No mas. Going cold turkey.

8. Back To Top    #148
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Any old girl friend , knows that's a losing bet !

9. Back To Top    #149
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

I got a dollar on Hillbilly.

10. Back To Top    #150
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Did you ever go back to EMSQ?