1. Back To Top    #81
    Real Name
    Supreme Lord Ruler
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota Avalon

Re: 2020 Camry.

Get well soon dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanon View Post
    Going to be a delay in this build log as I have come down with Covid19 and am feeling like shit. So to be continued.
    A man cannot become a hero until he can see the root of his downfall

2. Back To Top    #82
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

My younger brother had it first week of July, but he bounced back pretty quickly. Hope you get better soon!

3. Back To Top    #83
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Thanks guys. This is the worst flu or viral illness I've ever had and it is really kicking my ass. Can't even play my violin and that is major suckage. My wife is a nurse and that might be where I caught it but who really knows , she is stuck at home with me but has shown no symptoms which I am very happy about.

Take good care of yourselves as this thing is a stone cold bitch.

4. Back To Top    #84
    Vehicle
    Corolla

I'm back...for the most part. Feeling like I was dragged behind a truck for a couple kilometres but very happy to be on the rebound. I was in hospital for a while and on a ventilator for a bit. I am rather hazy about exactly what went on for the past few weeks but my wife assures me that the world continues to spin, there is lots of good music to listen to and I am a lot luckier than many who have had Covid19 and best of all she has not been infected.

So in a few weeks when the weather starts to warm up I'll be back at my install.

5. Back To Top    #85
    Real Name
    Randy
    Vehicle
    2007 Toyota Solara

Glad you are OK.

6. Back To Top    #86

Glad you made it through! Welcome back!

7. Back To Top    #87
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Been a while. I'm still in recovery mode from Covid, thought I had it beat a few months ago but the after effects are still with me. Very hard to concentrate, make decisions and absorb most things I read. Worst of all I can not play my violin and have not been able to for months so one of the most important parts of my life is over for the present. Working on my car install is out of the question at this point. But at least I am still kicking which is more than can be said for a lot of people.

Take care of yourselves and lets hope this pandemic passes soon.

8. Back To Top    #88
    Vehicle
    Corolla

I'm finally feeling like I'm getting better, more clear headed and able to focus on what needs to be done...it's very good to be feeling somewhat human again, still hard to find tone on the violin but the sheer joy of playing is wonderful. More good news is that a buddy has been coming over to help with my install, we have the amplifiers fitted, wire is run and the door 'speaker pods are attached...I say he helped but he actually did most of the work. This is not the install I had planned but I think it will sound pretty good...I'll post photos' tomorrow (Monday).

9. Back To Top    #89
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Today these showed up in our mailbox, my wife ordered them for me for Fathers Day...I guess she was paying attention to my conversations with my buddy about different 'speakers that I was thinking of using. A very nice surprise I must say. Now I'm going to remove the current pods with the medium quality Wavecor tweets and wide bands and lay up new pods for the Morel 254 and Wavecor high end tweeters. Good times.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORELWAVECOR.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	15908Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORELWAVECOR 2.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	144.8 KB 
ID:	15910
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MORELWAVECOR 2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	15907  
    Last edited by Donanon; 06-22-2021 at 12:20 AM.

10. Back To Top    #90

Nice build you have going on!

Glad you were able to get past your Covid symptoms. I had it back in December and it was not fun.

I really like the Wavecor 22mm tweeters and Morel CCWR254's in my IS350. They make for a great combo IMO.

One suggestion that I would make, I would install the midrange drivers in the factory dash corner locations firing up into the windshield and make little pods for the tweeters in the A piller or sail panel locations. I believe that will give you much better results. I love those locations in my Tundra.

Good luck with the rest of your build!
    '08 Tundra: Kenwood DDX9905s, Dayton DSP-408, Mosconi AS100.4, Sony XM-GS4, SI BM MKIII, SI TM65 MKI, SI M3 copper, SI M25
    '07 IS 350: Mark Levinson OEM HU, Dayton DSP-408, JL RD500/1, JL RD400/4, Sony XM-GS4, IDQ12v4, SI TM65 MKI, Morel CCWR254 (x3), Wavecor TW022WA01
    HT: Onkyo RZ-820, Dayton DSP-408, Crown XLi 1500, SI SQL-15, Polk Audio RT400, CS250S, FX300i, RT15i, and PSW350 (x2)