Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Camry.

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Re: 2020 Camry.

Received the drivers yesterday. The Wavecor drivers are very well made and real sleepers IMO. The subwoofer is not in the photo as it's in my buddies shop where I'll build the enclosure. I bought the matching passive radiator for the ScanSpeak 30W/4558T and I'm thinking of using it with the sub in a 57 litre (2 cubic foot) box. Anyone used a passive rad. in their install and if so how did it work out?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191113_083559.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	7677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191113_083701.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	7676  

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    Corolla

My SBC that I will use for the CarPC arrived this afternoon. It includes the VIM3 board, M2 Extension board for connecting an SSD, heat sink and fan and the 5" capacitive touch display. I put my phone in the photo for scale. Off to the big city for a few days so looks like I'll have to wait a while to connect it up and see whats what. Looks like real quality though. Forgot to mention that I also received two wifi antennas for streaming and update over wifi.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CarPC.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	7680  

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    Corolla

I finally got to set up my Khadas VIM3 car PC and it is very sweet indeed. I powered it with a 12volt 2amp supply, connected it to my LCD TV via HDMI, installed a 256GB SSD and a 64GB SD Card and fired it up. It booted in 10 seconds and has performed flawlessly for a few days now. Running the factory installed Android 9 OS right now but I'll eventually install either libreelec or Ubuntu as OS with an as yet undecided audio player app...I'm leaning toward either USB Player Pro or FooBar2000.

I sprang for the heat sink and fan options...the fan will probably only be needed during those summer time hot days as when I loaded the processor up with numerous apps, a movie playing in HD and web pages all running simultaneously the processor only got warm and the fan did not activate.

The GPIO allows for a lot of customization, including GPS, cell phone linking, cameras etc. Tomorrow I'll start the usable enclosure.

https://docs.khadas.com/vim3/GPIOPinout.html

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Benjamin
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 (DT) 5.7 Hemi

Looking forward to reading your thoughts about this.
    Source: factory
    Amp: Zapco LX
    Processor : Helix Pro & Director
    Speakers : Sinfoni
    Subwoofer : MKV

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Eric

I like where this is going! Is this your first use of the miniDSP with DL? It will be for me, maybe we can share some tuning tips along the way?

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    I like where this is going! Is this your first use of the miniDSP with DL? It will be for me, maybe we can share some tuning tips along the way?
    I have used two DSP's in the past but neither was a Dirac so I am a noob when it comes to DL. Yes I would like to share any tuning tips either of us discovers along the way and thanks for that BTW.
    Last edited by Donanon; 11-24-2019 at 04:53 AM.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by Coppertone View Post
    Looking forward to reading your thoughts about this.
    I'll be posting everything I come up with and all thoughts I have about this install as I go along.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    Corolla

I have been exploring GPS modules for my install and so far have found two candidates. I have reached out to Khadas for confirmation on compatibility with my VIM3 and with any luck I will soon have GPS operating on my board. There are so many GPS modules out there that zeroing in on any one of them is a bit difficult...but not I am happy to say impossible.

https://www.electrodragon.com/produc...erpom-battery/

https://www.tinytronics.nl/shop/en/c...36h-gps-module
    Last edited by Donanon; 11-24-2019 at 04:55 AM.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

This is interesting! I would like to see how those Wavecor drivers perform for you. Which driver models did you get?
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

10. Back To Top    #20
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    This is interesting! I would like to see how those Wavecor drivers perform for you. Which driver models did you get?
    I first heard the Wavecor tweeters and full ranges in a home system and I was gob smacked by now detailed, smooth and natural they sounded so I bought a pair of TW030WA04 to try out in my car system. I had ScanSpeak D2004/602000 in my install and fitting the no faceplate Wavecors was not a problem. I did some level matching and sweeps then tuned the tweeters in and BAM! I was a believer. The Wavecors were $56 lower in price than the Scans but for me there was just more 'there' there with the Wavecors so I sold the D2004/602000's and I've never regretted it.

I have not heard the Wacecor TW022WA04-01's that I am using in this install but I am very confident that they will have the same characteristics that the TW030's have...and if I am wrong I will go back to the TW030's.

https://solen.ca/products/speakers/h...ers/tw030wa04/

http://www.wavecor.com/html/tw022wa04.html

http://www.wavecor.com/html/fr090wa01_02.html