Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jumping on the 3D printer bandwagon

1. Back To Top    #101

Re: Jumping on the 3D printer bandwagon

Alright - I've got a ton going on here and seems like each thing is in the way of each other thing thing on...

Adopted a rescue dog from a puppy mill last week - who's never been out of a cage (lots of work but rewarding)...
    Started ripping prepping my house for siding (damn DIY gene)...
    Chased down some alternatives to buying my car lease - but none panned out and I love this car so I'm keeping it. Gateway to starting my system...
    Finished the rear Integra swap on my '95 Civic... Have to do an install there...
    Helped a buddy with a full interior-out install today...
    Need to install my house wired security camera system to get rid of my Arlo...
    Have to get back to my Raspberry Pi car camera switcher project one of these days...
    And I wish that was the end of the list.
    Thank God I don't have kids.

But also - I found a place for this 3D printer.
    I assembled it.
    Fits over my computer armoire in my basement - or at least it does after I swapped the filament holders to the front and mounted the extruders vertically... and modified the drop ceiling with a fancy panel for clearance.

I ran it through the full X, Y and Z motion and got cable ties in the right places - but haven't printed a test print yet.

Coming soon...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #102
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

The biggest challenge you will face is getting the first layer dialed in. Keep a flashlight and maybe magnifying glass handy. You want that first layer to slightly squash down, not just sit on top, or else it won't stick down.

3. Back To Top    #103

Fortunately/unfortunately I ordered the glass "super bed" and auto-leveling options... But although the printer shipped from California, those options ship separate from China.

So I'll start with that leveling and nozzle distance manual adjustment. Definitely want to understand all the manual adjustments!

4. Back To Top    #104

Another 2 more phone stands. I must have so many variations of this thing everywhere on different desks, tables and counters lol.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200726_131553.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	224.9 KB 
ID:	12942

5. Back To Top    #105

I believe most of the new 3D functions within SolidWorks 2016 as for scaling and reorienting your part for printing and I'm not entirely sure but I believe if you have a supported printer you can send your STL direct to it. That being said all of the functionality is also available in the post processing printing software so not much has changed. I would think that it will be in future SolidWorks releases though so at least it's a start.

6. Back To Top    #106

Cheap Audio/Sound Reflector lol.
    When watching videos/presentations, the little speaker on the phone is pointing to the neighbor's house (since this speaker is at the side). (Other speaker is at the ear area.) Printed a little reflector to point the sound back at me and now it's definitely louder!

Name:	Custom Note 10+ Audio Reflector Pix CAD.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	141.7 KB 
ID:	13495Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Custom Note 10+ Audio Reflector Pix Inside.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	13496

7. Back To Top    #107

Tablet Case.
    This sure took many tries to print. The white color item is TPU which is a medium soft/hard material that people make phone cases with. I tried all the slow settings, etc for the TPU filament but in the end swapped the printer's extruder latch spring for a softer/weaker type as it was actually squishing the soft filament and causing it to jam midway into the print. I also had to do 2 halves since the printbed is not large enough to fit the entire thing. In the end got it to work…

Name:	Pix CAD TL-sm.png 
Views:	212 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	13666

Name:	Pix CAD BR-sm.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	13665

Name:	Pix Material All-sm.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	13667

Name:	Pix Assembled Top On-sm.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	13664

8. Back To Top    #108
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

This is some next-level stuff...

9. Back To Top    #109

I got tired of guessing colors to use/render in the CAD drawings.
    I use this same company's Spyder product for screen/monitor calibration and so they email me stuff once in a while.

So they just spammed me this new inexpensive product that reads colors! https://www.datacolor.com/colorreade...olorreader-ez/
    Other info at... https://www.datacolor.com/colorreader/
    An example photographer using it... https://www.datacolor.com/colorreade...photo-project/
    and they gave a SAVE20 coupon code and said up to 10/11/2020. $20 or 1/3 off their new Colorreader EZ. Looks like free ground shipping too. Now waiting for that package to arrive lol.

10. Back To Top    #110

I haven't been online in a while with a whirlwind of Covid projects like siding the house...

I ended up buying the Geeetech A20M, which is cool because it can do 2 color prints - even progressively fading one color into the other, like this dog.