Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Nissan Cube SQ project with Focal Utopia M

Makes perfect sense to me

2. Back To Top    #62
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Well I live on an island, getting new fish is NOT a problem. It might be a economical purchase in the long run.

Have to finish up another project, and when thar car is out of the garage, I'm planning on using spare time over the summer to get the new system going.

3. Back To Top    #63
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

As long as you bloom at once with your mother, it should work out fine

4. Back To Top    #64
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

And here I was thinking I orderered a set of coilovers.. when clearly I actually ordered a foot bar, according to the shipping documents.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	207166917_10159924524935260_3188523319516470295_n.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	110.3 KB 
ID:	15996

5. Back To Top    #65
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Finally done with the E60 build, so I can focus on this from now on.

After having a peek under the cover of my Helix P Two, I think I might just have to mount it inverted with a plexiglass cover. Same for the P Six, it's just as tidy as this.

Name:	20210726_153341.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	310.6 KB 
ID:	16091

6. Back To Top    #66
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

And talking of plexiglas, I also have this 100x50cm slab of 30mm thick plexi, made spesifically for backlit LED applications. Cost me about $500, bought to make lighted boat/yatch letters. For someone who changed their mind after getting said boat.

So have to repurpose it.

Name:	20210725_184407 1.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	16098

From this:
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  5.8 KB

To something I can integrate into the install. Maybe some logos or backlit trim rings etc.

7. Back To Top    #67
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Dang, it happened again...

Sold off brand new equipment that was meant for this car. 3rd Helix P Six mk2 now Had one for about 4 years, with no intention of swapping it out. But a friend needed one NOW, and couldn't wait two days for a new one. So sold him mine, bought a new for myself, had it laying around for a bit before another one wanted to buy such an amp. So sold that one as well, since I could wait a bit and get a mk3. That was supposed to come out last summer. Summer became fall, and by September the release date was pushed back to Q1 2021.

So I bought a third mk2.. Still haven't taken it out of its sealed packaging, and now another friend wanted one for his semi-truck, this amp can also run on 24V. Last I heard now was that the mk3 was pushed back even further, we're in Q3 now and no confirmed release.

But the DSP Ultra is in stock, and those new Helix C series amps look very tempting... hmmm...

8. Back To Top    #68

Hi there from a bit of a stalker on this site

I wish Helix would hurry up with the P Six Mk3. I'm itching to sell my mk2 and get one, to use the ACO features and the fancy looking Conductor volume control.
    The Director doesn't really fit anywhere in my car and the URC.3 is a bit rubbish, but I like the look of the Conductor.

9. Back To Top    #69
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Yep, but I think they (along with the rest of the world) are suffering from shortage of components, and just getting the current models made in a timely manner is getting more and more difficult. When I bought my last one, pretty much exactly one year ago, the p six mk3 and (another product)mk3 was set for a release in Q1 of this year. So I bought a mk2 since the mk3 was at least 3 months away. Now it's been 12 months and still no release date.

I had 2 of the M Four DSP amps, got them from the first production run back in December. Was going to install one in a car here, but changed a bit of the setup during the install, so had to have a BT streaming module. And that is not available on the M4 DSP, so changed it out for a regular M4 + a DSP Mini. Worked out well since I have a friend who have sold more M4 DSP's than he could get hold on, so sent him both of mine New stock were to come in now in August, but that has been postponed to October (as of yet). So not holding my breath for any new products in these times.

With that in mind, I think I'm just going to get a new p six mk2. I have a Director NIB, and space for it, so why not.

10. Back To Top    #70
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Name:	20210827_223150.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	155.0 KB 
ID:	16191

Family photo!

Got a sample of stitched suede today, think it can work well in the car, just have to make it work along the beige/tan panels in the trunk.