Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Nissan Cube SQ project with Focal Utopia M

1. Back To Top    #91

Re: Nissan Cube SQ project with Focal Utopia M

Amazing build so far. Loving the detail.

2. Back To Top    #92
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Thank you very much I try to do my best, no doubt with great help from advanced tools that I have access to for the time being.

Now I'm trying to find a suitable placement for a Helix Conductor, and I also want some auxiliary switches for different purposes. I thnik this would be the best placement, I can remove the big hazard light button and rewire it into one of the new switches. I have some on order now, both with and without self-locking

"artist rendering"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nissan-Cube-Krom_Interior_Image-01-800.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	17574

Regarding the mismatching suede fabric, I ordered a sample book of the whole 124-color range.

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	17575

And even then I couldn't really find a match for the seat color. But I did settle on a colour that was decently close to the greyish tan colour of the interior panels. So I ordered a length of that, and also a color that was pretty close to the color of the car (pearl orange), that maybe could work as a contrast color. We'll see when they show up.

I also want some nice lighting in this build, so I ordered what I have found to be the optimal LED controller. It's the favourite choice of those who build custom head- and taillights it seems. Made in the US, it's a Blueghozt Smart LED Controller. You can program it to do just about anything, like this (I will just be using it for interior/install lighting though)
    https://youtu.be/E9cKxRUj9BI

3. Back To Top    #93
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Did some minor things in the driveway since the weather was nice, had to reroute some wiring on account that I decided against having the mids and tweeters in a-pillars and rather just make new and better sail panels than last time.

This meant that the wiring that went up in the dash, behind the pillars had to be routed through the door grommet instead. Last time it was easy enough, it was then three runs of 1,5mm2 speaker cable for midbass, midrange and tweeter. In addition to the OEM wiring off course.

But now I already had one run of 4mm2 cable to the midbass, and needed to fit two additional runs of 2,5mm2 <strong>and</strong> wiring for the LED lights that will be part of the install. Tight fit!

Got some good help from my nephew who lives in the house next door, always nice to have some assistants!

That being done it was time to move on to the trunk area, and do something I have been reluctant to do ever since I got this car. And that is to make permanent mods like cutting and drilling into it. But come to think of it I have already made a big fat hole in the firewall to run 1/0ga power cable, and also cut the door panel/speaker grille. So what's another 4 holes really?

Removed some sound deadening on strategic places, marked up on what will become the bottom plate of the enclosure, and drilled pilot holes trough both the plate and car floor at once. Checked that everything looked good, and drilled larger holes to insert rivnuts (I believe its called in English?). Threaded inserts anyway. Placed so they're accessible to put bolts from the top, through the cutouts for the subwoofers (before they are installed)

Name:	20220707_180423 copy.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	17593

Name:	20220707_183302 copy.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	230.5 KB 
ID:	17592

Name:	20220711_115708 copy.jpg