Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71 by Audio-X

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: 2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Two words... Poor Ted. Or is it, Por Ted?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Beautiful truck, HU looks perfect, and can’t wait to see where you go from here!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

3. Back To Top    #13
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

I really like that separate screen with the Pioneer, trying to stuff my Kenwood into the dash opening with all the wiring harness behind it was a major PITA. Would have been cool to locate the main radio piece in the glovebox and just mount the screen in the dash.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    I really like that separate screen with the Pioneer, trying to stuff my Kenwood into the dash opening with all the wiring harness behind it was a major PITA. Would have been cool to locate the main radio piece in the glovebox and just mount the screen in the dash.
    The data cable is only 8" long, but they make a 59" extension cable, which I bought for possible future use.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Weird that the cable is only 8" long, somewhat restricts being able to put the brains somewhere other than where they would be if it were a traditional double din. I can't see many vehicles having a spot 8" away from the screen to make it worthwhile, yet a 59" cable is pretty long. Seems that it would have made sense to offer an 18-24" cable with the unit, but still have the option of the 59" one for those that might want it.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

data cable is only 8" long . . . . . .
    the cable is only 8" long, somewhat restricts being able to put the brains somewhere
    Doesn't require any brains !

Last edited by Hic; 09-03-2019 at 08:08 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

[QUOTE=BigAl205;44625]Here's the HU that I'm installing:

/QUOTE]
    50 watt "Mosfet" amplifier ? Cooling necessary !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I was having issues with the system...backup camera wasn't switching on in reverse, and the system would periodically flake out to where it would automatically revert to the phone screen. I could press another button, it would change for a split second, then go back to phone. It seemed to work fine when I started up the system, but hitting the turn signal the first time would cause it to spaz out.

I fixed the backup camera issue...I'm slightly colorblind, especially between blue and purple, so I had the blue/white wire from the Maestro hooked up to the purple/white of the radio harness, and vice-versa. It's working fine now.

I pulled the Maestro, re-flashed it, and it seemed to be doing okay until I tried adjusting time alignment while sitting at a drive-thru. It didn't change screens on me, but I lost most (but not all) steering wheel controls. I pulled into a parking spot, rebooted everything, and it worked fine all the way to work. As long as it doesn't flake on my while driving, I can deal with not making adjustments without restarting. I'm going to try a few more troubleshooting ideas before I start a thread on the Maestro's forum.

9. Back To Top    #19

Is it getting enough juice? Might have to recable the positive and negative to the battery...

Kelvin

10. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I'm thinking possibly a 12" or two in custom center console...but I still want an 18 for that low stuff...
    How about that new Kali series from Adire Audio?