Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
Have always had subwoofers in my car's until recently, as I've gotten to an age where I can afford nicer cars, but they seem to come with "premium" sound system that make adding a subwoofer to them very difficult and less useful.

I first experienced this in my Escalade with Bose system. I added a sub through a local chain that I now hate passionately because they only want to make money off you, with zero honesty to everything they do. They added one from my old car that sounded amazing in it, had to do some special equipment to make it work with the factory amplified system and it just never sounded right. It missed all the extreme Lows that the exact same set up used to hit with my aftermarket deck in my old 80s Volvo. And the bass it did produce was choppy and distorted. It sounded like trash.

Then I moved onto a Lexus with Mark Levinson system, same thing, just terrible. And they charged almost $1000 to add each time. So I gave up.
There was a guy who wanted to mod a "Mark Levinson" System [ add a subwoofer to hear "Low End" } just recently !

Looking at a Buick Rendevous with a Bose System in it , too !