1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: bad stereo wiring?

Quote Originally Posted by pstock View Post
    Mine has4 standard door speakers.

Kenwood DNX whatever "head" and installed the amp that was bolted to the rear floor (and some additional wiring to feed it.)

But I had no idea what that amp did or how it worked and so once it blew up I just wanted to revert to a simple sound system.
    A different "head unit" with a built in amp (IC chip) will run all 4 speakers .
    A 6 1//2 inch sub was what I added (Parts Express has them ) , plus a 100 watt mono amp (very similar to your description of system from previous owner. )

I'd replace head and add a sub b (wires may already be in place for sub amp ).

Good Luck !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

It appears the wires going to the speakers are still viable as are the speakers themselves .

So now , have you decided on a replacement for the Kenwood ?
    Get a head unit to replace the one that is damaged and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by pstock View Post
    We tossed that Amp that died.
    as I think I wrote, the speakers all seem to be good. and the "feeds" from the Kenwood head all seem to be live (the 4 pairs of wires for the 4 speakers)

but only the Rear Left wiring seems to work. (so if I hook up RF, LF, RR leads from the Kenwood to the wires labelled RL they all produce sound)

So does the amp really have an impact?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polk-Audio-....c100009.m1982Polk Audio PSW111 Subwoofer 8” Speaker up to 300W

Nice small subwoofer $30.00
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-JBL-GTO93...b9a4a57af7983a

3-xhannel amp , 4 - six-by-nine speakers
    Last edited by Hic; 08-09-2019 at 02:50 AM.