Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: coffee U like?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

Re: coffee U like?

Quote Originally Posted by chefhow View Post
    We do some work with coffee companies and we have a HUGE selection because of that.
    I am finding that we as a society have allowed Starbucks to RUIN coffee in America, its all over roasted, burnt and bitter.
    I prefer a light roast bean that actually allows you to taste the bean itself and not the burnt oils and ashy remnants of the bean.
    Right now I am drinking Kicking Horse Light Roast and believe it or not Amazon Light Roast.

The next real question is How do you brew your coffee?
    At home I use a Cuisinart to brew so I have coffee ready for when I get up. We had a Technivorm but after sending it back 3 times in a year for multiple failures we went back to the Perfect Temp Cuisinart.
    At work we french press our grinds but we actually weigh, time and temp the water and brew for optimum flavor.
    Totally agree! Starbucks is horrid and ridiculously overpriced.

Personally I have never gone to the trouble of grinding my own beans, but I do like a good French press.

I have been doing a spin on Bulletproof coffee lately, each morning my chicory coffe (from a regular drip machine) gets mixed with unsalted butter, some MCT oil and a little French vanilla creamer, blend it all up with a hand blender, and it gives it a nice froth. This combination of fats and caffeine generally gets me through the morning without eating breakfast.

2. Back To Top    #12

We do the Black Rifle Coffee Club at work and like a few of their blends.
    MikeG

Current Rides:
    2015 Sonata Sport (OEM integrated system coming soon)
    2015 Chevy Traverse (Maybe a system later)

3. Back To Top    #13

Roaster in Ontario (Canada). Small batches. Relatively inexpensive. But amazing coffee.
    Definitely worth checking out.

https://buycoffeecanada.com/coffee-b...-supremo-16-oz
    New Car... Stock Stereo

4. Back To Top    #14

My brother in law bought a french press.
    We have a nespresso machine @ home.

Just ordered an aeropress and a Takeya cold brew.

Let's see which type of brew takes the crown

Kelvin

5. Back To Top    #15
    Vehicle
    2000 Honda Insight

Couldn't drink black coffee until I discovered how amazing a good pour-over is. If you haven't tried, I highly recommend this method.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

If the fresh ground beans produce an oil slick in my Krup pot , I am happy ! A little 12 yr old Redbreast and Irish coffee . . . Voi'la !

7. Back To Top    #17

You guys are hardcore about your coffee! First I'm hooked on my Keurig! So consistent - the exact same cup of coffee every time and I'm even so anal I use sugar cubes. I'll take my Community Breakfast Blend as my first choice and Community House Blend as my #2.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

I get peaberry Blue Mountain coffee when I want something special. I'm lucky that one of the few sellers of Blue Mountain happens to be 30 mins from me. My daily coffee is Kings Coast Lifeline.

But just as important is how you brew it (basically anything but drip! hah). I get whole bean and coarse grind with a french press.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Good thread!

I thought I was a coffee snob until that bubble was burst by my cousin. I declared I are one....and he asked me if I knew the soil conditions / make up of the plantation where my coffee was grown......hmmm, maybe I’m not at that level.

We went to Kauai in ‘13 and visited the Kauai Coffee plantation - took the tour - drank some samples - had some shipped to me. I got a subscription to their monthly program, and I’ve been enjoying it ever since. They send a nice mix of espresso roast to light roast, and I’ve never received a bag that I didn’t like.

My favorite from them is their Kauai Blue Mountain and this Acaia.

I like several methods of extraction - would love to get another espresso machine, but typically drip for every day, pour over and French Press for special occasions. After drinking this coffee, if I ‘have’ to go to Panera or Starbucks......I order an Americana - shot + hot water to get less of the burnt, over roasted taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Back To Top    #20
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Used to keep ground coffee in freezer , with beans , a pantry is fine. The grinding process releases the oils from inside of the beans. Just pick a way to process/brew or extract the flavor !