Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Competitors ?

1. Back To Top    #41
    Real Name
    Keith
    Vehicle
    2016 Jaguar XF-S

Re: Competitors ?

The factory location of my mids is about 6" above the woofers down in the doors. They are literally in-line with my knee and about an inch up. Eventually I'd like to get then up in pillars, but until then are there any tips in how to consistently get the sound stage up higher? For reference: my X-overs are 80-450-4500 and I've got new mids and tweets on the way, GB25/10 combo, to go with my 6.5" elate ti down in the doors.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I've heard cars where I could almost see the reflections from dash mounted speakers. What makes one car better/worse than others for dash speakers? What makes a car a better candidate for kick mounted speakers? I honestly can't say I'm having too many ill effects from dash mounted mids and tweets in my Ram but who the hell knows what my ears are choosing to hear/not hear these days. I am using a dash mat and it helps. My tweets are also in dash corners on axis. Heh, it works so am rolling with it. And path lengths between dash and door locations on each side are near identical plus or minus a couple inches so there's that. Still roughly 20" difference from left to right.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #43

Sorry I should have been clearer, driver aiming/positioning is everything, get it wrong and it makes tuning horrible and like running uphill! When I said the passenger side I meant listening from the single seat judging position

4. Back To Top    #44
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Damn near DIYMA potential in this thread ! He said/He said , bollocks , PLD & location first sure , piss off mate ! Come to competions and see/not see how it's done ( very confusing ) .
    OK , get a tilt steering wheel and a blindfold for judge ( always put fresh baked chocolate chip cookies under seat, before vehicle is judged !) Most importantly enjoy yourself ! Remember , "Winning isn't everything . . . It is the only thing.

5. Back To Top    #45
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Damn near DIYMA potential in this thread ! He said/He said , bollocks , PLD & location first sure , piss off mate ! Come to competions and see/not see how it's done ( very confusing ) .
    OK , get a tilt steering wheel and a blindfold for judge ( always put fresh baked chocolate chip cookies under seat, before vehicle is judged !) Most importantly enjoy yourself ! Remember , "Winning isn't everything . . . It is the only thing.
    So you're reviving this thread just to troll everybody?

6. Back To Top    #46
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

I honestly picked up some useful information on this thread. But it is a perfect microcosm of what its like trying to build knowledge online. Mixed messages! Lol. The only thing I know for sure, is one, I need to listen to as many top flight systems as possible, two, I need to have as many top flight listeners in my vehicle as possible, and third, make the system for me to enjoy, not just trying to impress the judges. I love this hobby, but its easily the most convoluted thing I have ever tried to learn, and it probably doesn't have to be. The hunt for knowledge continues!