Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toslink output equipped head units... Where they be?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Toslink output equipped head units... Where they be?

You won't regret that purchase, Ian. Solid headunit.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    http://medleysmusings.com/

Time Delay Calculator:
    http://tracerite.com/calc.html

2. Thanks naiku thanked for this post
  3. Back To Top    #12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Toslink output equipped head units... Where they be?

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Well, gave in and ordered a Kenwood 9905S. My tablet uses a mini toslink on the USB-DAC, so I'd have to run a new optical cable at the very least. At least I can tie an RCA to the existing optical cable and use that to pull it through the car, of course now I have to worry about interference from the power cables. I wish there was something out there other than the Elev8 and the unknown Chinese units, but at least from my research the Kenwood should be a good buy, it has a great screen, UI, plays pretty much anything you throw at it and has no problems with large SSD's attached. Looked at the newer 9906 unit, but I could not justify the extra expense for no real gain. Also, Newegg currently have the 9905 with a $100 discount, so that helped!

I'll feel a little sad at removing the tablet, it has been great for the years I had it, not only did it work incredibly well but it was also a fun project.
    I've always like Kenwood for car audio (their home audio not so much...). I've always bought their Excelon line the two or three head units I've had in the past. If I go with another one for the Lexus, it'll most likely be the DDX9906XR. I'll probably just run it through the stock amp and speakers for a while until I figure out exactly what I'm going to do with the system.
    2016 Nissan 370Z ​<-- For Sale!
    Pioneer AVH-X491BHS | Helix DSP.2 | Arc Audio XDi1200.6 | Stereo Integrity TM65 MK II | Stereo Integrity M25 | Bazooka BT8024DVC x 2