View Poll Results: If you had to choose only one, would you prefer listening to music you...

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • *like* on a system that *lacked* tonality/soundstage/imaging

15 68.18%
  • *don't like* on a system with *great* tonality/soundstage/imaging

7 31.82%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which would you prefer?

1. Back To Top    #41
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Re: Which would you prefer?

Yeah, metal has so many forms, I have to classify when I'm talking about it. I don't even know if I'm using the right terms. I only listen to 80's and early 90's type. No death metal at all. It's not even music to me. I was listening to Firehouse this morning on the way to work and realized that's about as hard as I go.
    Meh, it'll play.

2. Back To Top    #42
    Vehicle
    2007 Corolla

When I go hard, it takes less than a minute before I'm done with it.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
    When I go hard, it takes less than a minute before I'm done with it.
    That's what she said.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #44

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    Yeah, metal has so many forms, I have to classify when I'm talking about it. I don't even know if I'm using the right terms. I only listen to 80's and early 90's type. No death metal at all. It's not even music to me. I was listening to Firehouse this morning on the way to work and realized that's about as hard as I go.
    Now that's a band I haven't heard for awhile. Rock started getting more popish or glam rock in the 80's. Still better than the crap today for the most part. That's the beauty of Sabbath. Dark, heavy and shocking. No one could have imagined music like Sabbath. They changed rock music. Beatles-Zeppelin-Sabbath-Metallica. They all changed music. I guess the only recent change is the screaming shit today. Unfortunately it's getting worse, not better

5. Back To Top    #45

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    There are several forms of heavy metal. I can't stand the cookie monster growl but that's death metal. Now bands like Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, and others like them I'm on board with. On the flip side I can't stand a lot of jazz singers. When they start with the doowop and other random noises instead of actual words I'm done. They're in the same category as modern c-rappers as far as I'm concerned with the lazy writing style. And don't get me started on some sax and trumpet players. Just difference in opinion