View Poll Results: If you had to choose only one, would you prefer listening to music you...

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • *like* on a system that *lacked* tonality/soundstage/imaging

15 68.18%
  • *don't like* on a system with *great* tonality/soundstage/imaging

7 31.82%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which would you prefer?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Which would you prefer?

Eclectic tastes here , all over the genres/sub genres.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Marv
    Vehicle
    2016 Silverado Regular Cab

Just dragging this back up out of curiosity since we had an influx of members from that other site after I started this thread
    Build Thread

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...Silverdo-build

https://www.instagram.com/mrmarvsplace/

Post count on a forum does NOT denote ones level of knowledge, skill nor experience..

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Nick

edit: nvm

4. Back To Top    #24

"Like." No question. I can hardly imagine that anyone would opt to listen to only perfectly rendered music that would never, ever move or groove them...

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    "Like." No question. I can hardly imagine that anyone would opt to listen to only perfectly rendered music that would never, ever move or groove them...
    I've met people that made me wonder if they were that way, lol. It's been a while since that happened so none of you should get your panties in a bunchGet in their car and they insist you listen to the sappy audiophile recordings they've gone to great lengths to optimize their system to. In my world a system should be able to play anything you throw at it with good results as long as you have a good curve that gives everything an equal chance of sounding as the producer intended. I know I've been listening to Black Sabbath in the truck the past few days while driving and while it's poorly recorded to a varying degree it MOVES me. I know I prefer a more rolled off top end and a stronger lower midrange and that's most likely to keep my poorly recorded music that I truly enjoy from ripping my head off. The people that tell me my tweeters need to come up a couple db are the same people who tune their car for maximum detail and while fun to listen to for a bit I doubt I could live with it daily. They also dominate most of the time in competition so they must be doing something right.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    edit: nvm
    Come on man, one of your better qualities is your eagerness to speak your mindI gained a lot of respect for you when you let it fly on the other forum about how car audio people are.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Come on man, one of your better qualities is your eagerness to speak your mindI gained a lot of respect for you when you let it fly on the other forum about how car audio people are.
    I commented that I didnt understand the question lol.. then I read the title of the thread again

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    I commented that I didnt understand the question lol.. then I read the title of the thread again

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Oh OK, lol. It is interesting how we all do this for different reasons even if some of us don't understand the ways of some.

9. Back To Top    #29

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    I know I've been listening to Black Sabbath in the truck the past few days while driving and while it's poorly recorded to a varying degree it MOVES me.
    I've been listening to Black Sabbath a lot lately - on the "The Best Of Black Sabbath" album (CD1), give a listen to "Lord Of This World" and "Into The Void". I'll be honest, I wasn't even familiar with these Black Sabbath songs, but now I can't quit listening to them. They sound awesome. :-)

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    I've been listening to Black Sabbath a lot lately - on the "The Best Of Black Sabbath" album (CD1), give a listen to "Lord Of This World" and "Into The Void". I'll be honest, I wasn't even familiar with these Black Sabbath songs, but now I can't quit listening to them. They sound awesome. :-)
    I have "Technical Ecstasy", "Cross Purposes", and "Paranoid". Need to check out their other albums. I am a HUGE Ozzy fan though.