Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Junky here, but not new to the hobby...

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool New Junky here, but not new to the hobby...

Hello all!

Just decided to join here as this forum looks to be a very nice place to hang out and learn a few new things as well as possibly give back to the community. And just from looking around, I already see a few familiar names on here from another car audio forum I'm on. Small world!

Anyway, I've been slowly working on a small SQ system in my '16 370Z. I'd say it's about 75% there. I say I'm about 75% there because I still need to do something a bit more final for subwoofer duty. I have a brand new Alpine Type S 15 sitting here that I'm trying to figure out how to shoehorn into the car under the rear hatch floor so it still looks stock back there. As far as I know, no one has installed a 15" sub in a 370Z, especially not fully stealth. As a temporary solution, I've been running a pair of 4 DVC Bazooka 8" subs wired series/parallel (which are doing a whole heck of a lot better than most people would like to believe). They are a lot more musical and detailed than even I was expecting! And I still have more panel dampening that I would like to do.

One other thing I'm considering doing is figuring out a better option for my tweeters. They are currently mounted in the stock locations which means they're blasting right up into the windshield. I'd much rather have them either vertical facing either other or facing out towards the center of the car. But unfortunately, I don't know the first thing about building pods or anything like that.

As for anything recent, I just purchased and installed a new Helix DSP.2 last weekend and have been playing around with the settings on it the past few days. I have REW but just haven't fired it up yet. Maybe if I have time this weekend after work, I can break out the mic and REW and doing some tweaking.

I guess that's pretty much it for now.
    2001 Lexus LS430
    Pioneer DMH-2660NEX | Pioneer GM D1004 | Helix DSP.2 | Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad | Morel TiW 634Nd | Audison Prima AP1 | Dayton Audio Ultimax UM8-22

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: New Junky here, but not new to the hobby...

SQ_Blaze ,

Welcome !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Welcome to the best mobile audio forum on the interweb! You have a great platform and sounds (pun intended) like awesome equipment too!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Welcome to the best mobile audio forum on the interweb! You have a great platform and sounds (pun intended) like awesome equipment too!
    I was sure to do my homework before making purchases. Not that I haven't done that in the past, but I just wanted to try brands that I never used before, hence the Arc, SI and Helix gear. Years ago, I actually had an SI Mag D2 12" sub, so I already new SI was good stuff.
    2001 Lexus LS430
    Pioneer DMH-2660NEX | Pioneer GM D1004 | Helix DSP.2 | Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad | Morel TiW 634Nd | Audison Prima AP1 | Dayton Audio Ultimax UM8-22

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

I think SI is what TrIdiot put in his 370Z ,iirc.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

No doubt! Nick may be a, "unique" individual - but there is no denying he does have a passion for audio and making it sound as good as possible. Those new SI RM subs are pretty amazing too.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome! I actually have an SI sub for sale in the classifieds, and you might look at having pods made for your pillars for tweets. I think Geoff Schneider is printing them, and the Valicar guy from Germany does aluminum pods, I believe...
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Welcome aboard!

10. Back To Top    #10

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    I think SI is what TrIdiot put in his 370Z ,iirc.
    I've tried looking up a build thread of TrIdiot's, but can't seem to find it. Just thought it would interesting to see another 370Z install.

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    No doubt! Nick may be a, "unique" individual - but there is no denying he does have a passion for audio and making it sound as good as possible. Those new SI RM subs are pretty amazing too.
    The old Mag D2 sub I had was excellent as well. I wish I still had it. I know I really like Nick's mids and tweeters. Maybe one day I will upgrade to the latest v3 mid-bass, but I really don't think I absolutely need to anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    Welcome! I actually have an SI sub for sale in the classifieds, and you might look at having pods made for your pillars for tweets. I think Geoff Schneider is printing them, and the Valicar guy from Germany does aluminum pods, I believe...
    I have a brand new Alpine Type S 15 that I plan on using, attempting to shoehorn it under a floor in the hatch area. I'm 100% certain the SI subs are better, but the Type S is supposed to be pretty darn good for SQ as well, and at a good price. I would love to have some nice pillar pods made and have them look as stock as possible. That would be the best.
    2001 Lexus LS430