Thread: Improving "ambience" !

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Improving "ambience" !

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    L-R rearfill is beneficial in a case by case basis. If you have a large sedan or suv it can really help give you a sense of space. You need a ton of delay to pull this off too.
    Does time-delay work best in limos or busses?
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

The person I consulted with about l-r rearfill demonstrated it to me (as well as several others) in his car several years ago by letting us hear with, without, and just how little sound the rears were actually making to make such a huge difference. Not sure if he wants his name thrown around but he knows who he is and was a ton of help. There's no magic to it. It's all about tricking the brain to make the stage seem deeper and/or wider than it really is. And it will wreck the staging just as fast as it will help it. It's a delicate balance that can drive you crazy getting "just right". You simply configure the rear speakers to cancel out mono info and only play left and right cues whether it be in the processor or by twisting the negative speaker wires together and putting each positive into the amp. From what I understand how deep the "room" is has to do with how much delay you add to simulate the left and right cues bouncing off the back wall of the "room". And like with real estate speaker placement is all about location to get the desired effect. Rear deck of a sedan works well. Off axis adds width while on axis adds depth. I think that's right but if not I encourage the ones who know more than I do about this subject to correct me so others will be able to learn.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

I was wondering , what size tires ? I want to raise the soundstage in a vette (how high will the stage rise, when I donk the vette? )

Y`all might have lost sumptin in translation, what`d it cost for each of this group? Fifty? - Two hundred?
    Last edited by Hic; 10-13-2019 at 01:09 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Is this `worth` doing? Are echoes... echoes... or bandpassing the issue? Several years seem like more time, too much time ?
    If you don`t think it`s "all that, or it`s too hard to wire up !

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

l-r rearfill is something you'll only benefit from if you do it correctly. Yes it's worth trying IF AND ONLY IF you have the right tools and knowledge to do it correctly. You need to make sure the rears are free of any big peaks. You need to be able to be able to delay them 20-25ms in relation to the fronts. If you don't have the tools to do it correctly then don't bother. Big thing is having enough time delay. When I was planning my build I decided that it wasn't worth it for my system goals. And it's been said that not every type of car/truck will take well to l-r rearfill. My Grand Cherokee was a perfect candidate for it and did quite will with it. We decided it wasn't worth the trouble in my single cab Ram.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

If you want more delay [ loop a channel , is what Marv mentions ]. Time-alignment works if you use it ... period ! [QUOTE]My Grand Cherokee was a perfect candidate for it and did quite will with it. We decided it wasn't worth the trouble in my single cab Ram./QUOTE]

If talkin shit becomes an Olympic Sport [ I have sent you my name and number and will back you myself or find other people with liked minded goals ! bronze or Silver ain't an option for you . ]

[QUOTE]
    When I was planning my build I decided that it wasn't worth it for my system goals. [/QUOTE] Are goals a system that is less than it could be ... boring/conventional ?

You Go Hillbilly SQ - prolly about da sound , hmm ?

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

[QUOTE=Hic;44966]If you want more delay [ loop a channel , is what Marv mentions ]. Time-alignment works if you use it ... period ! [QUOTE]My Grand Cherokee was a perfect candidate for it and did quite will with it. We decided it wasn't worth the trouble in my single cab Ram./QUOTE]

If talkin shit becomes an Olympic Sport [ I have sent you my name and number and will back you myself or find other people with liked minded goals ! bronze or Silver ain't an option for you . ]

When I was planning my build I decided that it wasn't worth it for my system goals. [/QUOTE] Are goals a system that is less than it could be ... boring/conventional ?

You Go Hillbilly SQ - prolly about da sound , hmm ?
    Just curious, are you the owner of my truck?

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I need to change the title of this thread to "Improving grammar"

9. Back To Top    #19
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle