Thread: Ciare HWG160-4.

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Ciare HWG160-4.

Hi All,

Tonight I attended one of the informal car audio gatherings that are occasionally held in a local Canadian Tire parking lot, as is sometimes the case I heard something new there. One of the lads had just installed a pair of Ciare HWG160-4 mid-basses at the bottom of his three way front stage and it was making some very nice sound. Deep, detailed and snappy but not at all bright sounding. At $129.95 it is IMO a very good deal and offers an alternative to the lower prices scans.

http://www.usspeaker.com/ciare%20hwg160-4ohm-1.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ciare-hwg160-size350.gif 
Views:	160 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	7158  

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Ciare HWG160-4.

Nice, good to know ! Donanon, thanks for heads up,
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Really good looking speaker there. Ciare has always intrigued me with their mids. This one seems to spec out like a lot of other woofers in its size class but don't see it working well for more than just a midbass driver or maybe teamed with a "fullrange" below about 1000hz. Maybe it was designed to be more meaty down low at the cost of having manners well into the midrange? Well, looking at the response graph it MIGHT could be crossed to a LOW playing tweeter if you played your cards right even though it says the bandwidth is only up to 1500.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    Corolla

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Really good looking speaker there. Ciare has always intrigued me with their mids. This one seems to spec out like a lot of other woofers in its size class but don't see it working well for more than just a midbass driver or maybe teamed with a "fullrange" below about 1000hz. Maybe it was designed to be more meaty down low at the cost of having manners well into the midrange? Well, looking at the response graph it MIGHT could be crossed to a LOW playing tweeter if you played your cards right even though it says the bandwidth is only up to 1500.
    I didn't get to see the speaker as it was behind the door card but the owner told me that it is very well built and I can attest that it had serious grunt in the range he was using it, 80hz to a Scan 30W/4558T sub and 500hz to a Morel CCWR254 midrange. The tweeter was the Wavecor TW022WA02, this inexpensive combination really sounds good. The Wavecor tweeters sound great and I am surprised that I don't see them used more often. I'm using the TW300WA04 no flange version in my new install, I used it in my last car and it is a very smooth, detailed tweeter.

https://solen.ca/products/speakers/h...-dome-tweeter/

https://solen.ca/products/speakers/h...ers/tw030wa04/