Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Simple Way to Tune, Courtesy of cmusic......

1. Back To Top    #21
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: A Simple Way to Tune, Courtesy of cmusic......

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    I just saw this thread stickied and thought the title was familiar. I remember reading the thread on diyma almost 10 years ago when i first joined. Now, i hate to be the negative nancy but i am very glad to see that this is advice from 20 years ago, because i cant picture this method of tuning being worth much even 10 years ago, let alone today.
    I am looking forward to your way of tuning for the 21rst century !

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Marv View Post
    No problem being negative Nancy if you've tried it and it didn't work for your objectives however as I mentioned to someone on diyma back when who made a similar comment there are numerous ways to skin a cat and just because it may not work for you doesn't mean it won't work for someone elses objectives (the title states "a simple way to tune", not "the best way" or "the only way"). It seems many on these forums don't realize not everyone is a "hobbyist" or "enthusiast" looking to squeeze every last bit out of a system nor do they all have a nice processor along with the tools/experience to use them properly let alone any desire to spend the money on them and learn. I have found there are those out there just looking to get the "most" out of whatever gear they have/can afford without spending hours and hours tuning and I still believe some of this can be a benefit to some.

For the willing to learn hobbyist/enthusiast there are a ton of advanced tuning tutorials out there and I have devised my personal method from experimenting/combining procedures learned from many others more experienced. Is it the best way for everyone? Nope, but it is for me.I

And if someone has a "better" way to tune without a DSP/tools to get the most out of it they should definitely post it for those not willing to go that route.

And my typical disclaimer..I cannot hear what you can hear and you cannot hear what I can hear so our results may vary!
    thats the thing. i cant think of any specific situation that falls in line with even halfway modern car audio that this would be a simple way to tune. You seem to indicate that its not for people looking to squeeze every bit out of their system, but when i think about it, the guys you are referring too dont really have the trained ears to pull off a "by ear" tune. I just think this thread needs a little note at the bottom that says "for systems that are from before the year 2000 and without access to new technology."... learning how to listen for stuff and tune by ear takes a very long time. your average joe will have a much quicker time using a basic rta app and adjusting levels and doing wide eq cuts that will end up with a much better outcome that takes maybe an hour or so as opposed to weeks like this guide suggests. Idk, call my cynical but i dont think this guide

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    I am looking forward to your way of tuning for the 21rst century !
    It was already posted. look at the audiofrog guide. Its very easy to follow and should only take someone new to tuning a few hours at most. Or see my Helix tuning thread that is also stickied in this sub-forum

3. Back To Top    #23
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

I will check those out ( actually , was kinda hoping for the last minute , on your way to Emma/IASCA 1rst place stuff , name in a book

You've just installed your new speakers @ some place on the way and it's for all the marbles tune ?
    Last edited by Queef; 11-26-2019 at 04:42 PM.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

SkizeR you are right about the guys you are referring to not really having the trained ears to pull off a "by ear" tune. Better to do a much quicker time using a basic rta app and adjusting levels and doing wide eq cuts that will end up with a much better outcome that takes maybe an hour or so .

I think an hour is plenty after you use stock locations for your daily driver/work truck/girlfriend's .

MP3's , earbuds ,. Et Cetera
    Last edited by Queef; 11-26-2019 at 09:16 PM.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

It was already posted. look at the audiofrog guide. Its very easy to follow and should only take someone new to tuning a few hours at most. Or see my Helix tuning thread that is also stickied in this sub-forum
    Holy shit, I just found and read that audiofrog tuning magazine. Man is my face red. Lol. I will stop bombarding you guys with questions that are very clearly answered in this little beauty. This article should come as a mandatory read for anyone with a DSP. ;-)

I wish I read this thing 3 months ago. Thanks again.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Marv
    Vehicle
    2016 Silverado Regular Cab

thats the thing. i cant think of any specific situation that falls in line with even halfway modern car audio that this would be a simple way to tune. You seem to indicate that its not for people looking to squeeze every bit out of their system, but when i think about it, the guys you are referring too dont really have the trained ears to pull off a "by ear" tune. I just think this thread needs a little note at the bottom that says "for systems that are from before the year 2000 and without access to new technology."... learning how to listen for stuff and tune by ear takes a very long time. your average joe will have a much quicker time using a basic rta app and adjusting levels and doing wide eq cuts that will end up with a much better outcome that takes maybe an hour or so as opposed to weeks like this guide suggests. Idk, call my cynical but i dont think this guide

As I mentioned I believe "some" of this will be beneficial to "some" depending on the gear they have available, what kind of "tune" they are looking for and what they are willing to do. I'm pretty sure you have the gear, experience to use it and the "desire" to go to another level with tuning so I can understand being a bit cynical of a simplistic method that would in no way satisfy your needs however your/my idea of a good tune" may be quite different than someone elses. Maybe you could do a simple "modern way" tutorial for guys who's objective is to just get the "cleanest" sound from his new speakers with no dsp/no decent tuning section headunit or just a factory headunit and no desire to have a solid soundstage or imaging(?)
    Build Thread

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...Silverdo-build

https://www.instagram.com/mrmarvsplace/

Post count on a forum does NOT denote ones level of knowledge, skill nor experience..