Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7 drumbeats on vehicle dash

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Nick

Re: 7 drumbeats on vehicle dash

I have noticed that its mostly about getting everything perfectly in phase AND perfectly in time at the crossovers. Those are not mutually exclusive.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I've heard of people putting VERY small stickers on the windshield where the drums SHOULD be to score perfect on that track. How many times it actually worked for them in competition I have no idea
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
    I have noticed that its mostly about getting everything perfectly in phase AND perfectly in time at the crossovers. Those are not mutually exclusive.
    A "syncronization" if you will , similar to a "Muncie" transmission , as you move through the gears , the closeness of the gates . . .

If your (heart/mind/soul) occupy the same space (indica) your feline qualities, that predatory aspect surfaces and a game of cat and mouse begins !

The pupils dilate, the whiskers become sensate and the balance shifts in your favor . . . Clutch not needed for this run !

Leo (brother-in-law and Master Motorcycle mechanic)
    Tuned my "71" 750/4 K model and as he pulled that dollar bill through the contacts a plan formed , my Honda was static-timed. I filled up with 100 octane aviation fuel. , air filters replaced, hottest range of plugs installed. Finally I was ready . . . Gave him the sign , no clutch, 1 down - 4 up , some guy holding a rake over his head as we swept pass . . . The sound of two 750/4`s flat out ( yours truly clearly out in front ).
    Last edited by Hic; 05-26-2019 at 08:19 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

I realized recently that I do have this track. Mine are compressed on the left side compared to the right.

I'll put this here to as it pertains to the subject:

MiniDSP just released a Dirac Live version of there 8x12 processor. There are a few of us that have it and have been learning how to properly implement it.

Audi S6 Kiser made these comments after his initial run with it just setting xovers and letting the DSP do the rest automatically:

"Staging is really, really good. I listened to pink noise at varying frequencies, and everything was centered. The seven snare drum test track has perfectly equal spacing between snares. The was very little to no frequency steering in the center image that I could detect.

But, overall, I am really impressed with how good the staging was with no manual input other than crossover points."

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Score !

Nice Truthhunter!
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    Lexus LX 470 (Land Cruiser)

I am using a MS-8 in its 5.1 mode (actually have 7.1 speakers in a 3 row SUV). The 5.1 processor is supposed to use the rear speakers to help make the soundstage wider. My front speakers are in the doors to help widen the stage also.

The best I have been able to achieve is 6 beats distinctly placed on the dash but, beat 1 and 2 sound like they are in the same spot.

I have adjusted my crossovers, EQ, center channel volume and rear speaker volumes but, still can't get that 7th beat in the right spot.

7. Back To Top    #17

Might have to work with your phase between the tweeter and the midrange (driver's side)

Best regards,

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    I realized recently that I do have this track. Mine are compressed on the left side compared to the right.

I'll put this here to as it pertains to the subject:

MiniDSP just released a Dirac Live version of there 8x12 processor. There are a few of us that have it and have been learning how to properly implement it.

Audi S6 Kiser made these comments after his initial run with it just setting xovers and letting the DSP do the rest automatically:

"Staging is really, really good. I listened to pink noise at varying frequencies, and everything was centered. The seven snare drum test track has perfectly equal spacing between snares. The was very little to no frequency steering in the center image that I could detect.
    I need to try this track again to see how Dirac does with my vehicle, previously mine was the same as your experience, always compressed on the left compared to the right. Will have to dig it out later this week and give it a new listen.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Ross
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Tundra

I've had pretty good success getting the beats evenly spaced across my dash in both a 1-seat and 2-seat tune in my Tundra. FWIW, I'm using the Helix "Real Center" to upmix the center channel in my 2-seat tune.