Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ToNastys 2016 silverado regular cab

1. Back To Top    #61

Re: ToNastys 2016 silverado regular cab

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    24 mm xmax on their site, so you could go bigger on the box or run more power (carefully).

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk
    My dealer told me they build tbeir boxes for that woofer 1.1 cubes gross internal. Which is about .9 net and use the same amp im using.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #62

Quote Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
    I need the lower notes. Polyfill i know "makes the box bigger" which then runs you into excursion issues. I can't get myself to use the stuff. Plus how much do you use. No clue. When is it to much and not enough. Im stuck in my ways. I cant use it

24 ounces polyfill per cubic foot is the most effective amount. You really shouldn't run into over-excursion issues with a properly sized box with polyfill, just be careful with power. In my experience, 1.5 times rated power will get near maximum excursion with a filled box. That doesn't apply to ALL subs, just the few I've used for sure, maybe a lot more. Just be careful with additional power, always.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #63
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Get a pound from PE, ten dollars or raise lowpass to 90Hz , if f3 is in 40Hz range.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #64
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by ToNasty View Post
    Marv has done that testing (we have the same truck) and he said there wasnt much if any differance with aiming in these trucks

So im aiming them a few inches in front pf the r

With door mids and dash mids, your stage will drop as the larger door mid plays lower range after dash mids begin to lessen their input. ( plus late reflections ) , windshield with dash mids. The Mosconi DSP can help with this problem area.
    It`s a physics thing (beaming, off-axis, etc.., )
    Last edited by Hic; 04-07-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #65

I spent some time messing with aiming. But the small midrange being on the a pillar aimed slightly up and about a foot in front of the headunit sounded very good to me

6. Back To Top    #66
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Congratulations ! How do you like em?
    They "All That" !

7. Back To Top    #67

Theyre awesome. Im comparing them to to thr hybrid audio l2se. And i like them better. I didnt eq them any. Just set a hp frequency with a 12db slope. And th4 tweeter and m40 i prefer over the hat l2se and l1pro

8. Back To Top    #68
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Awesome.
    Have you heard Focal Utopias? What about AudioFrogs.
    Have you listened to Illuminators or Revelators?

9. Back To Top    #69

Ive heard all the scans. Which i prefer for home audio. Utopias are nice but for the price its a no and audiofrogs are meh to me again good but for the price point vs sound, the mercurys blow them out of the water

Of course this is opinion and all our ears are differant

10. Back To Top    #70
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

You are being asked for a "subjective" (your thoughts), not an objective (testing, graphs) which I`ve seen some that erinH has done, 12m (four inch) mid tier and midrange was spot on with what I heard from them! Originally, or 1rst time (bought some from a member here/Bob Ditts) , they seemed "All That" - graphs and sounded to my ears as good as it gets !
    I heard them in a" 91" Ford Explorer with LCY130`s and JL 8IB4`s plus several subwoofers.

CDT & DIYMA 12 did the best with the ribbons and Scanspeak for "pureness" of sound.
    Last edited by Hic; 04-08-2019 at 02:40 AM.