Thread: First build in a long time.

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: First build in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugley01 View Post
    Just spent the better part of an hour fishing a front speaker wire through the rubber sleeve to the door. I hope the passenger side is a little easier.

Those are a pain. Pull the boot out at both ends, then reinstall after running wires thru.

2. Back To Top    #12

Actually I sort of ended up doing something like that. I pulled both ends of the boot and fished a stiff Piece of wire through and taped the speaker wire to that and pulled it right through.
    Compared to the van these small pioneer speakers were in they sound a hell of a lot better in the truck. I guess when you take your time and seal and sound deaden the doors there is a noticeable improvement in sound quality. With the front speakers working I can now focus on getting the rear seat spacers made up so the subs will fit, mount the mono amp and get the. 6 x9's in the rear panels.
    Just a thought or maybe more of a question.
    Would this space be suitable for a mid driver or would it be too flimsy and do more harm than good. It looks like an easy job to cover it in and mount a mid driver. What do you think?

If it ain't broke. It soon will be!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

I think very little cutting is required for a 6.5" speaker

2 small slivers

Mine was regular cab

4. Back To Top    #14

That is what I would like the rear seat in the truck to look like. Unfortunately I need the seating still.
    I was referring to the large pocket in the door panel itself. I could glass over the opening and pop a shallow mid directly into the panel, no hole into the door itself. Or is that a bad idea from a vibration standpoint?

Mike

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Quote Originally Posted by Fugley01 View Post
    That is what I would like the rear seat in the truck to look like. Unfortunately I need the seating still.
    I was referring to the large pocket in the door panel itself. I could glass over the opening and pop a shallow mid directly into the panel, no hole into the door itself. Or is that a bad idea from a vibration standpoint?

Mike

I'm sure you could, but I would say a good 2-way with processing would be more rewarding.

6. Back To Top    #16

Are you referring to a component set or coaxial? I wanted to try a three way but the wife wouldn't go for it

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

components, with active processing. tweets on pillars, mids in doors

and asking wife is no way to get system in

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Tommy Woosey
    Ophoven, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany, Germany
    Vehicle
    Mazda MX5 10th AE 5300/7500

Don't tell the wife!! Or take her shopping...

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

9. Back To Top    #19

So far only the front speakers are up and running. They do sound good with the doors all sealed up but..... The vocals almost sound like they are in the doors, not in the front Center of the cab. How can I fix this?

10. Back To Top    #20

So now I figure it's time to get the subs and amp in place. With the seat bottom folded forward and the seat back removed I can see how much room I have for the amp.
    The only thing that'll get in the way of mounting it is the metal brace across the seat back. Fortunately a Zip disk on the angle grinder made quick work of the brace.
    Now I can attach the amp to the back of the cab and then work on spacing the seat bottom up 1 1/2" to make room for the box with the subs in it.

Mike.